Sign in to follow this  
ironroad

Man I regret not buying FSX GOLD When I had the Chance Years Ago

Why Ebay when its coming out on Steam in just a few days?

First, you could go the Prepar3d route.

2nd, maybe you didn't know FSX is about to be released on steam: http://www.dovetailgames.com/news/2014/dec/9/dovetail-games-clears-microsoft-flight-simulator-x-steam-edition-for-takeoff-on-december-18

Thanks Streakeagle

Do you know if the acceleration pack will be available or would this just be plain FSX?

AFAIK they plan to turn the gold edition into the Steam Edition, meaning that the Acceleration Pack will be included. I suppose will see in a few days.

It is supposed to be 100% FSX gold with some minor fixes to support Win 8.1 and the loss of gamespy for multiplayer.

While intended to be 100% compatible with existing FSX addons, they can't guarantee it due to the install differences when using Steam, particularly directory paths vs the installers used by third parties.

I have FSX and Acceleration (and almost never use it), so I have very little interest in the Steam release, but I might get it anyway just in case for the future.

MS FSX Gold on Steam for $4.99 per front page post on CombatAce. I am getting a 2nd copy for that price :)

This looks great! Anybody has it? I would like to hear any comment before purchase.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JamesWilson
      Hi,
      after seeing the TMF F-14 has wrong and inaccurate speed and fuel indicators, i found out the default Third Wire F-14 has working and accurate ones, but i dont wanna use it cause the TMF Tomcat is better and the cockpit too more realistic too, so can you switch the speed and fuel indicators on the TMF F-14 with the default Third Wire F-14? And for fuel too? Do you need to 3D model and/or do something else other than edit some text files?
       And is it or it's not possible to do?
      Down here are 2 pictures from the correct cockpit in the default Third Wire F-14:

And 2 from the TMF F-14 (the inaccurate one):

Thanks for helping.
    • By JamesWilson
      Hi everyone,
      I just noticed that the speed indicator in the F-14 Tomcat by TMF (TheMirageFactory) only shows up to 800 kts, and the Mach indicator does not move, not letting you know the speed of the aircraft if you have your HUD turned off.
      As you can see down here, i'm at Mach 2.23, but the indicator only shows 800 kts and doesn't go above. Obviously it adapts to my altitude, so if i'm higher, then the IAS is lower, but still should move, making it impossible flying at high speed without HUD turned on as i have it down here:

Another issue, maybe even worse than the previous one, is that the fuel indicator shows wrong numbers, or as i may think, it shows "a number less". For example: if i have 20000 pounds of fuel left, it should show 20000, but it shows 02000. This is a theory on how it works, not confirmed, and i'm gonna explain you why i think it is like that:
      I hardly think i truly have 2000 pounds of fuel left, cause i choose Fuel 100% and tried climbing and flying for a long time with full afterburner, and the numbers slowly started going down, even reached the point of burning the engine at Mach 2.30and the fuel wasn't gone yet, it showed i had like 00700 left, so i presume it's 20000 in reality, otherwise i would have been out of fuel in no time, since it's a quantity even under the bingo quantity, but i flew for minutes and minutes in full afterburner, and at 8x speed, so. Speaking of Bingo, there's no bingo indicator.
      Here's a picture of the fuel indicator:

I tried the default F-14 cockpit, and even if that one shows correctly both speed and fuel indicators and even if it's a great cockpit, i personally like more and find more realistic and immersive the TMF one.
      In the end, since these two indicators are crucial, especially for flying without HUD, and the fuel indicator especially, since there's no way to know how much fuel you have left even with HUD turned on other than the cockpit indicator.
      So, what i'm asking is:
      Is there a way to fix these? A mod that remakes the indicators? Or another cockpit that is not the default one that i can use to swap this one?
      Thanks in advance for helping me.
    • By anunk47
      Roy: You’re doin’ ok.  A fighting man needs all of his courage.
      Hikaru: But, you’ve been drinking
      Roy: So what?...You can still fight when you’re drunk!

• By Piecemeal
      Rebuilding my SF2 install to the way I had it is proving to be a very long but (ultimately, I hope) worthwhile affair. At the moment I'm reinstalling the stock F-14A to my taste, I've been unable to find much, especially lo-viz grey skins. To cut a long story short,; does anyone know where I can find some? 
      And YES, I here you screaming at the monitor; I do know of the many skins and mods for TMF Tomcats, but in reinstalling all my mods I'd rather if at all possible to keep the mods folders as small as possible in order to help the game run a little faster.
      Cheers in advance!
    • By MGGUY

View File F-14 & F/A-18 AN/ALR-67 RWR Sound Mod
      F-14 & F-18 AN/ALR-67 RWR Sound Mod by MGGUY (2021/08/21)

> Info <
       This mod simply adds AN/ALR-67 RWR Sound (Also Known as DCS F-14 & F/A-18C RWR Sound) to Strike Fighters 2. 
      I separated the sound mod for two variations. F-14D & F-14B Version RWR and F/A-18C Version RWR (These 2 Versions are not same)
       This is my First time of making Mods & Uploading to CombatACE, So Please excuse me for any mistake on this file in advance... <:3
      if there is any problem, please contact me! via CombatACE or email.

> How to Install & Remove <
      1 - If you want to replace the Stock RWR sound,
      1-1 Install
       Put Sound Files on Mod Folder Directory. If there's no Sounds Folder, make a new one and put it right there.
         e.g ) C:\users\(username)\Saved Games\ThirdWire\(Mod Folder)
      1-2 Remove
       Remove RWRLockSound.wav and RWRTrackSound.wav FIles from your Mod's Sound Folder

> Credit <
      Original Sound file edit - MGGUY
      Huge Thanks to Menrva's Custom Aircraft Sounds Info Topic! <3
      https://combatace.com/forums/topic/93964-custom-aircraft-sounds-info/

> Sources <
      For Historical testament
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/ALR-67_radar_warning_receiver
      For Sound Verification
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qssxY_Npiw&ab_channel=[PI]KetchupWarthog
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0NhUDUENbg&ab_channel=TheAngriestGamer
      For Screenshot Samples
      https://combatace.com/files/file/16212-tmf-f-14-tomcat-super-pack-v132/
      https://combatace.com/files/file/13589-fa-18-series-by-the-hornet-team-beta/
      For Original Sound File
      https://phoneky.com/ringtones/?q=rwr#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=rwr&gsc.page=1
      You can Freely use this Mod File whatever you want! But please mention the original moder if you use it~ :)
      ~Have a Nice Day! ;3~
      Submitter MGGUY Submitted 08/21/2021 Category In Game Sounds  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..