Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

Terrorist W/hostages in AU

Been watching it all night. If they get his ass, waterboard him too.

• Like 4

I hope they make him a good home for a homeless 5.56 or 7.62...

• Like 1

take him alive and then put him on a High Altitude No Opening (HANO) Parachute course over Syria!!

Po-po's just stormed the cafe and are currently extracting the hostages. No word on the gunman just yet, but ABC's reporting a few injuries to the hostages. They did identify him though, and he sounds like a real nutjob too: multiple assault and sexual assault charges against him, self-styled sheik who's been ostracised and denounced by the wider Islamic community for spouting extremist views, sent offensive letters to the families of dead ADF personnel, was on bail for being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife, etc, the list goes on.

Police will most likely make a statement soon...

I hope he bled out on the floor nice and slow. Emotional and cultural cripples like this can't seem to function in the modern world without making everyone around them miserable(or worse.)

• Like 2

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2873855/Gunman-takes-hostages-cafe-Sydney.html

video of the police storming in

there his sereval shots and i cloud the flash for the gunfire

several cops launched flashbang into the cafe

i hope they killed the f***k***r

talks about two dead and 2 or 3 injured sad if correct but still in my mind police did the right thing i dont talk to terrorists you killed then..

edit seams one of the deads his the f***er good going Aussie police!

Edited by cocas

Did he kill some of the hostages during the raid?

Did he kill some of the hostages during the raid?

it looks like there were some casualties besides him but no matter if they were by his hand directly or stray fire from law enforcement HE killed them.

They did identify him though, and he sounds like a real nutjob too: multiple assault and sexual assault charges against him, self-styled sheik who's been ostracised and denounced by the wider Islamic community for spouting extremist views, sent offensive letters to the families of dead ADF personnel, was on bail for being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife, etc, the list goes on.

Police will most likely make a statement soon...

When I watched that, I just thought about one more extravagant character by Sacha Baron Cohen! A few more 'terrorists' that kind, and the Islamist cause will be buried under tons of ridicule, sniggers and facepalms...

Just before the raid at around 10 past 2, a group of about 5-6 hostages fled the building, after that, gunshots were apparently heard inside the cafe. It's not exactly clear who it was who went in, most likely NSW tactical response group, but news outlets here keep saying 'commandos' as ADF personnel were reported on scene too. Seems to be the gunman might have started shooting the hostages, but it also seems like they might have perished during the exchange of gunfire-- the police are being really coy about that right now. One hostage was shot in the shoulder, but she was taken to Royal Prince Alfred and appears to be fine, relatively speaking. It's being reported that one of the cops took a hit, but his vest prevented any life threatening injuries.

Here's an info packet on the gunman from the ABC. Take a look at the video. Real f*cking head case.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-16/iranian-man-haron-monis-named-as-man-behind-sydney-siege/5969246

When I watched that, I just thought about one more extravagant character by Sacha Baron Cohen! A few more 'terrorists' that kind, and the Islamist cause will be buried under tons of ridicule, sniggers and facepalms...

Yeah, he just seemed like a real caricature, huh?

do what they do...be head people like him on tv and glorify the death of another fanatical animal...who purports to be a moslem but does what ever he wants regardless of the rules of the so called "religious " code of the koran.

• Like 1

Another reason for armed and carrying citizens. Or are the Aussies neutered?

If I recall from teh Nightwatch, in Afghan this year, some Talibans tried an attack but the Talibans were all shot or captured by the local villagers. The captured ones got hunnng.

• Like 1

Another reason for armed and carrying citizens. Or are the Aussies neutered?

Why? Guns have never been a significant part of our culture, and the last time something close to this happened, it was 1996. 18 years without a mass shooting is a pretty f*cking good run! Plus, as much as we bitch about the police in this country, they get the job done. In NSW alone, there's been something like 335 call outs involving the Tactical Response Group this year (going by the news outlets over the past 24 hours), and you can count the number of deaths from those incidents on one hand. You can still get guns in this country, you just have to have background checks, mental health checks (plus other methods of vetting for what's termed 'dangerous firearms) and get the appropriate license. And most guns for 'civilian' uses are used in the country anyways. Australians, in general, just don't really have a taste for them.

The Aussies are neutered. They should have the choice to carry them. Not mandated by the government. 

I'm just glad the SOB is dead.  It is truly most unfortunate that innocent people had to go with him, but I applaud the responders for saving as many lives as they did.

• Like 1

The Aussie authorities, did a good assessment of the situation and kicked ass. They did what had to be done. 

• Like 1

Now saying the six wounded have gunshot wounds and that one of the dead, a 34yr old man named Tori Johnson, attacked or struggled with the gunman right before the raid took place. It's being said (I think by the other hostages, I need to check the source because it's a little vague, yet it's getting coverage across the media outlets) that he attacked, or tried to take the weapon from the gunman and this bought time for some of the hostages to escape. The other victim was Katrina Dawson, 38, Barrister and mother of 3 ( all under ten, too. :sad: ) who was shielding a pregnant friend. Police are being extremely tight lipped about the deets still, which is leading some outlets to ask if maybe some of the injuries were accidentally inflicted by the Tac-Response. We probably won't get any further details for a few days until they sweep the scene, interview the victims, etc. The update about the policeman injured was that it was a shotgun discharge that grazed his face, not a shot to his chest as was first broadcast.

As for the 'neutered' suggestion, I respectfully say to my American cousins: Horseshit. The prevailing attitude amongst a clear majority of population here is that easy access to guns exacerbates crime, and generally cause more problems than they could solve. We see the kind of things, particularly the school shootings, college shootings, disgruntled employee shootings, murder/suicides, theatre shootings, etc, etc that happen over there, and are appalled by them, and then fail to understand why you guys don't (or maybe can't) do anything about such easy access to deadly firearms. In short, we see what happens over there, and we don't things like that to happen here, especially after Port Arthur in '96, which is why we vet the shit out of potential firearms owners now. Now, that might not work for you guys since your right to own/carry weapons is constitutionally protected, but our approach works for us, and as I stated earlier, 18 years without a massacre, is considered a fantastic result in this country. Over here, being required to have background, criminal and mental health checks before being allowed to get a license for firearms is a no-brainer. Christ, I had to go through the same checks before joining the ADF, purely for the reason they wanted to ensure I wasn't some kind of violent sociopath with poor impulse control, like this wannabe jihadist prick in Sydney (I'm deliberately not using his name, because f*ck him, he's done enough and doesn't deserve the privilege!). That said, I don't have a problem with or with owning firearms (I've owned a couple and I've still got mates who shoot), but I don't want to see nutters with death wishes have easy access to them. I earned the right to use mine, that's how it should be here. (Yeah, I know, this will sound like crazy talk to Americans! :tongue: )

Back on subject for a sec, there was one thing I thought was interesting: If you watch the assault, the Tac-Response team didn't f*ck around. They were very liberal with the use of flashbangs, and when they went in, they went in hard. Exactly what you want to see when dealing with a fundie nutjob!

Andrew who gives a fuck what was used, its people who kill people. Look at China and all the dick holes who attacked people with knives in the past few years. Remember the one that attacked a kindergarten? Blaming guns is like blaming the Chevy a person who drove drunk that killed a person on the road used. When will PERSONAL responsibility be taken into account? 

And for the record I do not mind the background checks etc, I think its a good idea but this ass clown had a history and this could of been prevented. In this case, all the checks failed.

Before the rescue, didn't the priminister come out and say it was not terror related ?

It will be difficult to justify that premature comment now I would think.

Hey, I'm not blaming guns, I'm just telling you what the prevailing attitude is and why it won't happen here.

...but this ass clown had a history and this could of been prevented. In this case, all the checks failed.

That's what everyone is really pissed with now. This prick had something like 40 aggravated assault and sexual assault charges against him, he's a suspect in his wife's murder and was known to have publicly threatened her to shoot her, was known to be a religious extremist/fundamentalist and has been known to disseminate inflammatory jihadist materials, speeches, etc, YET, was allowed out on bail for the wife/murder charge and wasn't on any watch list when he should have been on several. Christ, if I told a cop to go fornicate himself with a sharp stick, I'd be detained and put on a watch list, and I have no criminal record (that I'm aware of, other than being dangerously good looking. :smile: ). Someone fucked up seriously here. On what planet do you give someone like that a benefit of the doubt and release them back into the community?!

Before the rescue, didn't the priminister come out and say it was not terror related ?

Our PM has a rudimentary grasp on simple things like speaking, writing without crayons and not covering his face with food when he eats. You'd get a better, more qualified answer on any aspect of government from an 8yr old.