Sign in to follow this  
Slushie

Proper Mirage III Cockpit Stand In?

Hey guys! I'm reviving my old YouTube LP of Strike Fighters 2 and I'm attempting to use the Mirage III as my fighter of choice, however, here are the issues I'm running into:

I only own SF2, SF2: E and the Europe Expansion pack (this gives me access to the Mirage III LODS) and then the Campaign Customizer for Mercenary mode in all theatres. So I had to download a flyable Mirage III mod. This mod requires SF2:E for the Lods, which I have, but it also wants SF2: Israel for the Shahak cockpits. I'm a cheap jerk, having recently lost my job of 7 years, and so I figured I'd alias out the cockpit with one from the two games I already own, since I can't currently buy any DLC or SF2: Israel.

So I substituted in the A-4 cockpit to the Mod's ini file and, very luckily, it works just fine. However, obviously, the A-4's pit is no where near close to what the actual Mirage III's pit would look like, because, as far as I can tell, The Mirage III had a RWR. So then I figured I'd try the lightning's cockpit, and it also worked, but I'm not so sure I like it, as the Lightning's pit always felt cramped and not very nice for dogfighting, as it was more of an interceptor.

So anyways, I figure I'd ask you guys, the professionals, and the people very much more familiar with the series than I am, which cockpit you think would work best. Any of the add-on cockpits I've found for Mirages here in the download sections require SF2: Israel to work, and that's fine and understandable.

I know in order to get the best fit I should just buy the DLC or the Israel game, but my budget doesn't allow that at the moment (yes, the DLC is only 3 dollars I know, just trust me, I can't. Thank you) so I'm sadly just going to have to substitute a pit in. I'm also not trying to arouse any sympathy for my situation, nor do I intend to sound like I'm begging for people to purchase or gift or donate, or any of that junk. I'm fine, just looking for general opinions on something close from the assets I already own, so I'm not stealing any work or content from ThirdWire

Thanks in advance everyone. 

ummmm..that's pretty strange....

the mirageIIIC is a flyable aircraft in my SF2E, and every other using all stock in game items, as show below from the MirageIIIC.ini (the main ini) from my SF2:E.

And yes, including both expansion paks.

[AircraftData]
AircraftFullName=Mirage IIIC
AircraftShortName=Mirage III
AircraftDataFile=Mirage3C_data.ini
LoadoutFile=Mirage3C_Loadout.ini
UserList=Mirage3C_UserList.ini
CockpitDataFile=Mirage3C_cockpit.INI
LoadoutImage=Mirage3C_loadout.TGA
HangarScreen=Mirage3C_hangar.JPG
LoadingScreen=Mirage3C_Loading.JPG
AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.DLL
AvionicsDataFilename=Mirage3C_avionics.INI

If one is really industrious, and has WoI, one could convievable extract all the necessary cockpt files, and use in them SF2

and yes, 1stGen mods cockpits work in SF2. They just don't look as good

ummmm..that's pretty strange....

the mirageIIIC is a flyable aircraft in my SF2E, and every other using all stock in game items, as show below from the MirageIIIC.ini (the main ini) from my SF2:E.

And yes, including both expansion paks.

If one is really industrious, and has WoI, one could convievable extract all the necessary cockpt files, and use in them SF2

and yes, 1stGen mods cockpits work in SF2. They just don't look as good

That's really weird. I have Strike Fighters 2 and Strike Fighters 2 Europe, and I was never able to fly the Mirage. I've had it as an enemy and fought against them, but I could never fly them. Maybe I'm missing an expansion pack or something...?

Edit: Ok, I went back to Thirdwire's store and got my download code again just to double check what exactly I have purchased and installed. I have Strike Fighters 2, I have Strike Fighters 2 Europe, and I have Strike Fighters 2 Expansion Pack 2, and then the campaign customizer. Perhaps the Mirage is made available in Expansion Pack 1, which would make sense to me, as I don't own that one.

Otherwise I'm very, very confused, because my Strike Fighters 2 merged installs contain the Mirage IIIC Ini file, but no other folders. 

Edited by Slushie

Afaik the mirage 3 series is all DLC, only the CJ Shahak is bundled with a stock game.

If you wanted to you could try the freeware mirage f.1 cockpit available here at Ca, the early version. The radar is more advanced and so but it fits the bill

Afaik the mirage 3 series is all DLC, only the CJ Shahak is bundled with a stock game.

If you wanted to you could try the freeware mirage f.1 cockpit available here at Ca, the early version. The radar is more advanced and so but it fits the bill

I downloaded that one, actually, but I can't find the name of it's cockpit.ini file to add to the freeware IIIO's ini. If that makes sense...my descriptive powers are...nil? lol.  

Slushie 

Check your PM.

• Like 1