As a Newbie, I find myself confused with certain mods and often do not know where to put what I download & how.

I thought, while wating for a large file to download, to make a cartoon about my plight.

Then I thought why don't I fly SF while I wait.

But then I thought better to make a few SF players laugh, as they may have been through similar plights...

And worked with Photoshop.

I attach the result, just for fun.

Rather than complain, better to laugh...

Cheers

Nick

post-79380-0-26603900-1418861353.jpg

post-79380-0-26603900-1418861353.jpg

Edited by tselepides

Nick, I moved your post, once again!!!

You keep asking SF2 questions, but posting in the SF/Wo* forums!!!

--------------------------

After downloading, I'd suggest reading the enclosed readmes before installing, but AFTER unzipping. The information needed for installing, should always be there!!

---

nice cartoon, btw!!

Kevin..

Apologies, I must be more careful and will do my best in that respect.

Glad you liked the cartoon.

Nick

if you're not careful, Wrench has half the codes to unleash the hovercrafts and all the eels......................... :biggrin:

crap  just realized i probably set Dave up for another EAM........

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 1

Nick,

If you are running Windows 7, the "Mod" Folder is located in C:\users\<username>\Saved Games\Thirdwire\<game installed>

Where, if you log into your computer as "Nick" you would see C:\users\Nick\Saved Games\Thirdwire\<game installed> (bolded for emphasis)

And Where if you installed Strikefighters2 NorthAtlantic you would see -  C:\users\Nick\Saved Games\Thirdwire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic

And/Or if you installed Strikefighters2 Israel you would see - C:\users\Nick\Saved Games\Thirdwire\StrikeFighters2 Israel

The folders StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic or Thirdwire\StrikeFighters2 Israel are the Mod folders. It's where you put your downloads.

But when you look in these folders, things might be confusing. If you dowloaded Green Hell 3.5, you were told to put the file in the "Terrains" folder. You get to the StrikeFighters2 Vietnam folder and you can't find the Terrains folder. What gives? The game uses a default file structure that you cannot see. So you simply create the folder, "Terrains" and anything you put there will be used by the game instead of its internal default.

You download Stary's SARCASM 1.5 and are told to put the files in the "Flight" folder. You look in StrikeFighters2 Israel and there isn't a "Flight" folder. Same thing again. Just create an empty folder named "Flight" and put the files inside. You will see the changes when you play the game.

Hopefully this helps.

• Like 1

Well Nick,

before installing mods etc. you have to understand how the SF2 Family works.

SF2 is much different from SF1 & WOX Series.

So i recomment you again to read (and understand) our great knowledgebase. ;-)

http://combatace.com/forum/268-thirdwire-strike-fighters-2-series-knowledge-base/

Once you have undertand how SF2 works it is all easy.

Soulfreak,

I have been through that knowledge base but I found it did not have some pieces of information I wanted ( it only helped me find where the MODS folder was--nothing else.

Edited by tselepides

There should be a lot more to get out of it for sure.

Threat it like Encyclopedia Britannica (or whatever you want to call it). When you looking for a certain type of data you can miss others because seem to unrelated to your given question at that moment. But many things are there in the SF1 and SF2 knowledge bases. Other things that can not be found in them most likely you will encounter in either in the SF1/SF2 general discussions section or in the mods & skinning or in special cases in the mission and campaign build sections of both. Many years of experience and most of their related data are stored in them. Also you will see many of the same questions from time to time.

Just because lets say you search for an information for your SF2 game the answer could be already exist in the SF1 section. There are many things that are still using the same SF1 architecture and built logic or location, SF2 only added to it and improved on it but not necessarily changed it to something totally different.

The search engine certainly can help a lot as occasionally you might run into an answer (or tutorial) that not located in the above forums, rather those reside in some of the language specific areas (german/spanish/russian, etc) In cases the answers are hidden in a topic that might not even seem to relate by its title, but it come up and was answered there.

Certain cases that might not mentioned here you might even have to go the the ThirdWire site as there are also lots of game related information either from the developer himself or other users.

Read-learn-understand-apply and enjoy the results during the game plays.  :drinks: