Dave

It’s Official: Sony Scraps ‘The Interview’

the funny thing is, that if the NK's had just ignored the movie, it would have crashed on its own. 

• Like 2

Come on down to Texas...we don't have 'The Interview', but we will be showing the next best thing...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/17/alamo-drafthouse-team-america_n_6345156.html

Sony may have pulled "The Interview" in wake of hacker threats, but at least one movie theater isn't letting North Korea off the hook. The Alamo Drafthouse is planning to run "Team America: World Police" in its place at its Dallas/Forth Worth location.

"We'll have subtitles for all the songs and all of our favorite quotes, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to scream out 'AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!' at the top of your lungs. And yeah, we will have American flags, red white and blue streamers, balloons, and more for everyone. And THAT is how true American heroes will be celebrating this year, but if you want to let the terrorists win...well, that's your prerogative."

FC

• Like 1

PR move...

1: Make a mediocre half-assed movie, with a mediocre cast, that is an obvious money grab and give it a "controversial" promo/preview to stir up the shit.

2: ?

3: "Cancel" previews to make it a forbidden movie that everyone must now see...

4: Profit

No doubt the threats from a backwards 1950s regime are real, but the North Koreans have to know that if they push to hard they would probably be crushed and rolled up within a week.

Pyongyang be damned, that movie script should have been used as toilet paper to begin with. But like everything that comes out of Hollywood..."They keep crapping them out, and people keep paying to see them do it..."

Edited by ironroad

• Like 3

Won't be the first movie to go straight to DVD and Pay-per-view. I think it would have been comical even if it wasn't a box office smash. Giving into these guys isn't the right move either, just goes to say everyone has their price. I'd isolate NK from the internet so fast it would make your head spin.

• Like 1

Won't be the first movie to go straight to DVD and Pay-per-view. I think it would have been comical even if it wasn't a box office smash. Giving into these guys isn't the right move either, just goes to say everyone has their price. I'd isolate NK from the internet so fast it would make your head spin.

Erik, an adolescent hacker with a 486SX could probably bottle up NK's internet access with a DOS attack. Hell, I'm sure that hackers in China would do so just for kicks, so they can get to watch the 'lil fat boy foam at the mouth.

Doesn't the new Tom Clancy novel have a US/NK conflict as part of the plot, so why haven't they hacked the publisher's website?

Obviously the NKs don't want to take on Jack Ryan!

Paramount Cancels ‘Team America’ Showings, Theaters Say

https://deadline.com/2014/12/paramount-cancel-team-america-1201329597/

And after reading Fast Cargo's link I'm starting to think that this nothing to do with North Korea and everything to do with some embarrassing Hollywood, or Hollywood to Washington (government offices/liaisons) emails/data someone got a hold of.

No different than the rumors and theories that the Italian/Sicilian mafia had dirt on the shady U.S. Government dealings (or pictures of J Edgar Hoover in women's panties) so the federal government decided not to go after them for many decades.

Edited by ironroad

this is not the first time crap like this happened. The horrible Red Dawn remake was supposed to have the Chinese as the enemy but due to them threatening the film company they rewrote the movie to have N Korea as the bad guys....go figure. It's hysterical seeing these countries whine about being portrayed in a bad light yet they never seem to do anything about their horrible human rights abuses. You have to laugh when some 3rd world hell hole cries that the United States splashed some water on some terrorists or god forbid we make fun of them in a movie.....F-in hypocrites.

this is not the first time crap like this happened. The horrible Red Dawn remake was supposed to have the Chinese as the enemy but due to them threatening the film company they rewrote the movie to have N Korea as the bad guys....go figure. It's hysterical seeing these countries whine about being portrayed in a bad light yet they never seem to do anything about their horrible human rights abuses. You have to laugh when some 3rd world hell hole cries that the United States splashed some water on some terrorists or god forbid we make fun of them in a movie.....F-in hypocrites.

Worse, the hypocrisy of these entertainment and mass media conglomerates is sicking. They have no problem screaming "freedom of speech, press, and expression" at the top of their lungs when it suits them. Or shaming others for not falling in line with their point of view, but the moment something or someone threatens their pocketbook, all of the "activism" goes out of the window.

• Like 1

The more you think about this the worse it gets. They actually want us to believe that NK has the minds and internet ability it takes to pull this off. If they have public internet wouldn't that be completely opposite of the repression that NK is famous for. Smells fishy now with a whole bunch of shade. I don't believe much in conspiracy theories but ...

The real story is out there somewhere.

Just finished the new Tom Clancy book. It was awesome and yes had to do with North Korea

It reminds me a french comics : the story was about a show on Mers El Kebir. The courageous french were traitorly attacked by the Swiss Navy.

The hero asked the director : "I thought Mers El Kebir was a battle between the French and the British".

The director answered : "My god, we could not do like this, this would have alienated us the US and British audience".

It was a joke, but now,it has become reality.

Edited by jeanba
  • Like 1

North Korea may or may not have the capability to pull this off but they have money to hire those who could. If they were found lacking I'm sure they would just buy some Chinese (or from where ever) hackers. I would put China or N Korea at the top of my list but there are certainly other nations or groups with the will and the means to do this.

Edited by whiteknight06604