SF2_Ada_Rafale.7z

Armée de l'air Rafale Mod for SFP V2

This addon represent the folowing versions of the Rafale:

- AdA Rafale B F2/F3/F3R/F3+ and what if F4

- AdA Rafale C F2/F3/F3R/F3+ and what if F4

3D model: Heberth/CadeteBRA, aleks, 76.IAP-Blackbird, ravenclaw_007, JAT.

Templates: ravenclaw_007, JAT.

Cockpit: Gux, Marcfighter, Heberth, ravenclaw_007, JAT.

Legs skin: Centurion-1.

pilots: Amokfloo, JAT.

Weapons: ravenclaw_007, JAT.

Seat: aleks.

Loadout tga: JAT.

Skins: ravenclaw_007, JAT.

Decals: ravenclaw_007, JAT.

Hangar and loading screens : JAT.

Special advisor: peyo.

Sorry if i forgot someone, send me a PM, i will make public apologies.

Animation Keys:

1 - Open canopy (sorry for the collision bug)

0 - Toggle Damocles open/close (useless only eye candy !)

A thanks to the Two more weeks and the AdA-Mod teams to share their works.

A big thanks to all involved of this long term project (first step with aleks in november 2010!).

A special thanks to Marcfighter for the permission to use the pit.

A special special Thanks to ravenclaw_007 who pushes the perfection beyond human capacity. bowdown2.gif.pagespeed.ce.hVyLpGCsBI.gif

in memory of BPAo.

Released under CombatAce Fair-Use terms:

http://forum.combata...showtopic=26131

JAT

• Like 5

Fantastic! Many thanks!!! :frantic:  

Wahou !

notre fleuron enfin !

I've just tried a few missions with B/C F3/F4 variants : Intercept, CAS, Strike (with ASMP-A ;-)), Air Defense Suppression... I am really impressed by your work. 

You are especially pushing the limits regarding avionics (loadout page, OSF...) !

CAS missions can now be done with a whisky glass in one hand : a load of 6 AASM is kinda efficient !

just a few notes :

- I find the shape of the cockpit of the B variant a bit "strange" 

- I put my Rafale in a spin... never heard of that before... but recovered easily :-)

- roll rate is indescent in high subsonic (maybe a limitation of the game engine ?)

Congratulations guys ! How can i rate the file on download page ?

A work of art! 

I put the B version into a spin too- but that's with those massive drop tanks-otherwise coming into land I had good control at low speed; she likes precise inputs and a pilot who knows where he wants to go.

Love the stall sound effects! 

About damn time...! Congrats will definitely download this!

... flight model is a beta ...

so don't complain about it

it's a beta? right...? 8^.

• Like 1

This is a very good FM Beta! I like it!!! Thanks you to the team.

Edited by Coupi

How is Ravenclaw ? His health is any better? 

Thanks for this mod!

Nobody take off with Rafale?

at hard settings the landing gear blows at 80-90 knots!!!

Hi the FM is for normal setting, sorry for the hardcore users.

Hi the FM is for normal setting, sorry for the hardcore users.

Works fine at hard setting, didn't try to take off though but I can fix that myself, other than that in flight it has it's own temper and I like it, phenomenal acceleration, a bit touchy on controls, overall very reasonable and unique feeling while flying it...

Many thanks for your v1.2 update!

Just wondering what the story is with the third under wing MICA missile station on the F4 in the download? None of the other variants in the download have it. From what I can tell from searching on line is French operational Rafale don't seem to use it (or can't?) but some test/ demonstration aircraft and the F3 variants for India do? 

Edited by dtmdragon

On 12/01/2022 at 8:56 AM, dtmdragon said:

Just wondering what the story is with the third under wing MICA missile station on the F4 in the download? None of the other variants in the download have it. From what I can tell from searching on line is French operational Rafale don't seem to use it (or can't?) but some test/ demonstration aircraft and the F3 variants for India do? 

You mean the outer pylon?

If you have any photo of F3 India in this configuration? I'm curious.

From my understanding, it's on F3 Standard late variants you can find some photo of Rafale with the outer pylon configuration. From what people say, Dassault did some modification to allow more missile to show that is possible to have a Rafale with this kind of configuration as a selling point. So theoretically it should be possible for the F3 variant or at least as an option (for export?). Personally, i never saw a Rafale from AdA or Marine National using this configuration. (Correct me if i'm wrong.)

Here some photos with the outer pylon hardpoints with Mica EM missiles in 2014. (Hardpoint with the bomb could have a missile instead)

0Gg5Qxx.jpgXm0aL1I.jpg

Just for comparaison here a Rafale without the outer pylon

rafale-asmp-a-1.jpg

Keep in mind this mod was released in 2014. At this moment France used F3-04T or/and F3.4+, and signed for F3R Standard (which enter into service in 2018/2019), there were few information about F4 Standard variant at this time (2014). So i guess, it's a bit of What if.

For exemple the RBE2-AESA radar from @JAT81500 and his team seems to be a little bit too powerful. F3-04T and F3R standard could use RBE2-AESA radar instead of RBE2-PESA. The F4 on this mod use CFT.

Here a Rafale B01 with the CFT on the fuselage and the lovely grey camo.

rafale_4.jpgrafale_9.jpg

Edited by PetitInconnu
  • Thanks 1

The Damocles targeting pod is supplied in the weapons list, but it never shows up when you go to the loadout page.  Are there any plans to alter the weapons section of the data file to make it useable? 

As a temporary measure I duplicated the central Fuel Tank weapon station entry, called it the next number along, inserted "LP" and removed the dedicated station entries "RAF1" from both the station and the Damocles. So now it works, even though that's not the correct position for it. 

It would be nice to know if its going to be properly fixed at some time.

Love the aircraft though. 

alexis99, I do not have this problem in my install and I have not modified the Rafale in any way. Could it be that you are using a different Damocles pod, not the one that came with the mod? The Damocles pod is built into the aircraft model, so for it to work properly, you need to use the weapon/pod from the file.

Yeah I have the same thing. It's selectable from the loadout screen with no issues.