Sign in to follow this  
JonathanRL

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition 80% off!

Hi, hi, thought the old captain of the Caravan would tell the German lady ground traffic controller the old joke... :angry:  

While I already have MS FSX plus Accelerator, this is too good a buy to pass up to get the convenience of a Steam install.

If A2A simulations ever jumps on board the Tac Pack train, and/or other 3rd parties attract me with equivalent releases, I will be ready ;)

While I already have MS FSX plus Accelerator, this is too good a buy to pass up to get the convenience of a Steam install.

Never mind the new Multiplayer :P

Well worth it IMHO, especially since MS Flight Gold is going anywhere from 150.00 USD to 300.00+ on Ebay.

The sale will be over in about two days, then it goes back to 25.00 USD.

Got a kick out of the movie...

Well, I was trying to decide between X-Plane 10 and MSX. At $4.99, guess who won...lol. Thanks for the heads up Jonathan. :ty:

While I don't fly FSX or X-Plane very often, I have a lot more hours on FSX. Out of the box, the only thing X-Plane ever did for me was the ability to fly the X-15 and land the Space Shuttle. I never liked the flight modeling or graphics enough to bother with anything other than a few free addons, and those didn't impress me either. FSX missions make it more of a game. It is not only a simulator but fun to achieve scripted objectives instead of just tooling around. Out of the box, it comes with a great selection of aircraft. There as also plenty of free addons that are excellent as well as the option for outstanding payware like A2A's Accu-sim products. As Tac Pack matures, FSX might even compete against DCS World as a hard core air combat sim with the advantage of already modeling the entire globe!

Tac Pack won't impress me until there is something other than drone AI...I'm under the impression that there still isn't any combat AI for Tac Pack.

FC

I concur on the AI.

But DCS AI still has its flaws as well and counts on player vs player to make up the difference.

If FSX can handle enough players with Tac Pack, it could still be very useful.

At the moment, I do not own Tac Pack or any other third party FSX addon.

If A2A had followed through on their "in progress" F-4 and F-104, I would be far more interested in Tac Pack.

As it stands, both of those are indefinitely on hold.

Jumping from accurately simulating aerodynamics and propulsion of subsonic propeller aircraft to Mach 2 jets was just a bit outside of their comfort zone.

Instead, they haven't released anything but Cessnas and a Piper :P

Though, they are supposed to try to make a decent T-33 before going back to the F-104 -> F-4 development path.

I will believe it when I see it.

Edited by streakeagle

Is there a good scenary upgrade for FSX?

Edit: Never mind. I found several websites.

Edited by pcpilot