What determines which AAA are placed, and how many of each individual model of AAA, in a campaign?

Is it the UserList.ini files, the terrain's nations.ini file?  What?

Here's why I ask.  I'm working on a campaign on the original Desert terrain.  There have been about ~300 total examples of the Tor M1 AAA tracked vehicle made in RealLife™.  Paran seems to have bought every one of them.  There is literally one in every AAA spot in the terrain, throwing up a wall of SAMs the AI simply cannot deal with.

I need a realistic number of them.  How do I do that?

AAA are positioned by hand, in the "terrain"_targets.ini, as either fixed or mobile units. What also determines the actual weapon type, is that object's entry in the user list (meaning which nations use it), it's service year, and by how common it is.  The last two are determined by statements in the object's data file.

Of course, all the above assumes that you're letting the game engine randomly populate the stated AAA positions, and not attempting to hardcode a specific weapon to a specific map coordinate.  The latter scenario can cause some strange anomalies (radars that operate on stealth frequencies, guns that track but don't shoot, etc.).

Yeah, I'm letting the game engine pick and choose the AAA, because when you do, everything functions the way it's supposed to.  I'm just trying to figure out how to get the proper mix of AAA as what you'd really encounter.

SF2 recently was reinstalled on my HDD after what I have determined are an excessive number of game-breaking bugs in DCS simply prevented me from enjoying it.  Gas tanks with the weight of being filled to capacity, but no actual gas inside to use, for example.  SF2 will at least let the fast single mission creator start carrierborne aircraft on an actual...well, carrier.  This implies a greater level of functionality.

Now if TK would simply fix the avionics.dll files to accommodate RWRs picking up AHMs,  Every time his site is under maintenance, I keep hoping there's going to be an update or something to the PC game.

Every time it's under maintenance, I'm worried it's about be closed.

=============

Open the TOR's data ini, and change the availability to VERY_RARE.  Now, as I haven't looked them up to see who uses them in Real Life ™, one could change the exported = to FALSE. Which I know not to true.

It that case (exported=true), one also needs to edit the Userlits for availability and run down all the users and how many they had/have

From what I have been told TK is done with the PC Sims and is focusing on the "sims" for handheld devices like cellphones and ipads. Nice of him to turn his back on everyone that's supported him and kept him afloat all these years huh?

So one more question similar to the first one. I want to use SA-7 on the terrain I'm working on, but will this cause anomalies? Better I stick with the AAA and SAMS posted by the game?