Sign in to follow this  
2skicomrade

MiG-31 footage

This YouTube channel has some of the best MiG-31 and general Russian aviation videos that I've seen.  I thought I'd share, as the videos have Russian titles and many have probably never seen them.  Thanks to Evgeniy Topgun for his footage, and for posting to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu9YkhKz6CafVVipjpeTo4g

I like this one (the sign at 1:40 reads "The Russian sky is in reliable hands").

And of course, evening afterburner runs (is amazing how short the takeoff of this big bird really is).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvpZSBDVqUE

• Like 5

Whohoo. That is something!!! Thanks for sharing.... Wish I can see some of these when I visit Moscow next year)

Well, if you're going anytime around May 9th or get a chance to make it to MAKS 2015 at the end of August.... then you'd better bring a camera, hahah! 

Well, if you're going anytime around May 9th or get a chance to make it to MAKS 2015 at the end of August.... then you'd better bring a camera, hahah! 

yea, we go there in summer too, as planned, with two of my professional photographer friends. Last time in Kiev one of them had infiltrated into some restricted area... stupid spotters... Then I have to pull their asses out from deep...  yet again )))   I said, man you should take care, they take you to the cellar and ....  with your own photo apparatus))

Well, if I can have a question... is Monino and Kubinka open to visit this part of the year? Or everything is closed??  I wanted some walk arounds... and bribe someone to let me photo the cockpit of the Ka-25 :biggrin::biggrin:

yea, we go there in summer too, as planned, with two of my professional photographer friends. Last time in Kiev one of them had infiltrated into some restricted area... stupid spotters... Then I have to pull their asses out from deep...  yet again )))   I said, man you should take care, they take you to the cellar and ....  with your own photo apparatus))

Well, if I can have a question... is Monino and Kubinka open to visit this part of the year? Or everything is closed??  I wanted some walk arounds... and bribe someone to let me photo the cockpit of the Ka-25 :biggrin::biggrin:

hahaha) Yeahhh, I can imagine that its probably a little dangerous to be sneaking into restricted areas in Ukraine, considering current events and all... I have a good friend from Sumy, and she told me some pretty scary stories regarding the Ukrainian police/army.  

I visited Moscow last February, but never made it to Monino or Kubinka :(  The Monino website says that its open Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9:30 till 17:00 (with a lunch break from 13:30-14:15).  Monino is also open Saturday and Sunday from 9:00-14:00.  I wouldn't be surprised if they let you inside the Ka-25 if you asked nicely)))          

Wow that thing kicks out a rooster tail eh?

• Like 1

worthy opponent for sure... the heat seeking AA-6 is deadly!

worthy opponent for sure... the heat seeking AA-6 is deadly!

sry for the question, but from which addon?

Snailman it oughtta be a pack in the repo. If memory is correct that is.

I don't need it, I just wanted to know which "variant" with what values was deadly. I have changed all AAM's already but still testing continously.

I don't need it, I just wanted to know which "variant" with what values was deadly. I have changed all AAM's already but still testing continously.

well.. when satisfied with result, remember to share!