Well i started i couple of japanese planes for PTO but then i realized that we dont any Japanese carriers!

after checkin the CA donwload seccion and only CA seccion counts!

i found a fewe old carrier like the eagle and another strait-deck that i cant recall right now well can these be use in pacific campaing has stand ins(read masquerade) or should i foucos on ETO and MTO were we dont need Carriers has much! leaving the japanese planes aside for now!

pullezed here!

actually, carriers were used quite a lot in The Med. Just not as much as the Pacific (given the vast difference in size of the theatre, and the distances involved)

And there were many raids staged from RN CVS in the North Atlantic, particulary against Norway (read: Tirpitz, although that map doesn't go as far north as I wished it would for that...)

Unfortunately, like you said, most the IJN CVs are either "stand ins" (built from something else) or those only available from the DAT or YAPs 'rising sun' mod -- and the RS ones needed a lot of editing to bring them to NA levels.

Hinch's Zuihio, iirc, is the only "purpose built" IJN carrier we have here (other than the aforementioned stand ins. they DO work, they just don't look right). And don't get me started on USN carriers -- I'm still waiting for a straight deck Essex!

But we DO still need Japanese Naval aviation -- Kates, Jills, Judys -- most of which wound up flying from land bases in the last year of the war.

ok make the planes over time and think about the carrier issue apart from the vastly used Traweler i made some years ago i never made ships again my main his getting the height off those thing!

and they would low poly versions until a boat maker cloud do some realy good models!

just to think it over....

Unfortunately, if you download the Zuiho Wrench mentioned, you'll find that 7Zip can't open it; it says "Unsupported compression for..." everything in the folder. The only thing I got was the datd .ini. The CVE-118 Sicily, which is a repaint of it, opens fine. So at the moment we don't even have a Zuiho. :blackeye: Maybe someone who has it can re-upload it. Hope so.

ok, I'll have to upload mine.

SG, I assume the one you're talking about is the original 1stGen?? MIne is SF2NA updated

SG, I assume the one you're talking about is the original 1stGen??

Affirmative. I didn't see anything in 2ndGen.

Thought I'd might have snuck it into one of the "GroundObject" packs I include with terrains, but I guess I didn't!! There's some "stand ins" for other IJN CVs in some of them (Phillilpines 44??? Okinawa?? -- I don't remember!!)

I'll get it up loaded later tonight, or tomorrow. Hang tight folks!

Excellent, thanks again Wrench! Now, if only we also had Zuikaku and Shokaku... and maybe Hiryu, Soryu, Kaga,....Oh well, someday. :biggrin:

Edited by SupGen
  • Like 1