Has this happend to anyone. When I went to my options screen for the key settings everything is unassigned. I tried to put the keys back and nothing would happen anything I can do.

This happens to me every once in a while, and I'm not sure why - I think it likes to re-bind if I plug in or remove my XBOX 360 controller while I have my stick/throttle plugged in.  What I started to do was back up my Controls/default.ini file, and any time I either re-install or the game loses the bindings, I just replace the "new" file with my backup, boot the game, and it works again.

Don't think so, what I was saying was that when I re-install the game, the bindings (obviously) go away, so I've backed up my default.ini file for an easy replacement.  When the game un-binds stuff every once in a while for other reasons (such as another controller plugged in), it's an easy fix, too.

I've had that happend a few times, besidies a backup, I set mine to 'Read Only'' so the game won't rewright them.

or an out of date or wrong AircraftObject.ini, placed in the /Objects folder will do that to

Right click on the .ini and set the attributes to read only. I save my settings to a file called Hotas_01.ini and just leave the Default.ini alone. It's set to read only also.

On 23/12/2014 at 10:45 PM, Caesar said:

This happens to me every once in a while, and I'm not sure why - I think it likes to re-bind if I plug in or remove my XBOX 360 controller while I have my stick/throttle plugged in.  What I started to do was back up my Controls/default.ini file, and any time I either re-install or the game loses the bindings, I just replace the "new" file with my backup, boot the game, and it works again.

Where do i find that file?

I cannot find it anywhere!

And even if i unistall and reinstall the game, it still gives me unassigned to all

Edited by JamesWilson

On 24/12/2014 at 2:33 PM, Sheriff001 said:

default.ini in the Controls folder in your Mod folder

Where do i find the Mod folder?

4 hours ago, JamesWilson said:

Where do i find the Mod folder?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

I run Win10 Home 64 bit and i cannot find any of those directories anywhere

For example i can't find the controls files in the game directory

You have to add that stuff to your Mod folder, as it doesn't have anything to add. You add the mods yourself (with a structure that should be outlined in that topic) and the game will add it to it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EricJ said:

You have to add that stuff to your Mod folder, as it doesn't have anything to add. You add the mods yourself (with a structure that should be outlined in that topic) and the game will add it to it.

OH I THINK I GOT IT NOW

So all those files (options, including controls, for example) cannot be find as soon as i install the game, I need to create a Mod folder, only then those files will show, correct?

Yeah that's where you put all your downloaded aircraft and other things that modders have done here so you don't mess up the original game files.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Yeah that's where you put all your downloaded aircraft and other things that modders have done here so you don't mess up the original game files.

But where do i find the mod folder?

I have Win10 and i can't find "saved games" or directories like that

Go to your C Drive and find Users and there you will find your name as a folder (the one you setup). Open that folder and you should see "Saved Games" at the bottom. Then when you open that folder you'll see Thirdwire

Did you NOT read the thread linked above by EricJ, and the one I linked in one of your other threads?? The Mod Folder is automatically created when the game is run. THAT's where you'll find all the bits YOU can modify. IIRC, that thread also explains where it can be found in Winge10.

You seem to still be poking around in the CORE FILES INTSALL --- where nothing is accessable and changeable. Start looking in the higher upper relems, like looking for a SavedGames folder, above the C drive

1 minute ago, Wrench said:

Did you NOT read the thread linked above by EricJ, and the one I linked in one of your other threads?? The Mod Folder is automatically created when the game is run. THAT's where you'll find all the bits YOU can modify. IIRC, that thread also explains where it can be found in Winge10.

You seem to still be poking around in the CORE FILES INTSALL --- where nothing is accessable and changeable. Start looking in the higher upper relems, like looking for a SavedGames folder, above the C drive

i get it now

the only problem is that i can't find it in saved games (i haven't that folder)

2 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Go to your C Drive and find Users and there you will find your name as a folder (the one you setup). Open that folder and you should see "Saved Games" at the bottom. Then when you open that folder you'll see Thirdwire

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!  :wink:

Cool!