Hi,

I loaded the A-Team SF1 swordfish in to my SF2 ETO merged install. It works ok, but all I get in loadout are raf bombs, no Torpedoes or rockets. I have WW2 weapons in the game including the Mk12 torpedoes and 60 pd rockets. but they don't show up in the loadout  menu.

Is there some editing needed to be done?

Thanks,

deanklef

Hi,

It is A-Team's plane. You should ask them to get some advice I think!

Cheers

I would recommend taking a look at the knowledge base for SF2 maybe starting with this....

http://combatace.com/topic/44031-guide-to-converting-old-weapons-from-the-strike-fighters-1-series-to-the-new-plug-and-play-weapons-for-the-strike-fighters-2-series-by-migbuster/

Converting weapons from SF1 to SF2 is doable but it is not simply a matter of tweaking a few INI files.

I agree you might want to take it to the experts at the A-team.

but it is not simply a matter of tweaking a few INI files.

Actually, it IS just that simple

------------------

ALL ww2 weapons have been converted for SF2 usage, and are available in the SF2 downloads section. Including NEW RN/RAF trops by Veltro (may also be found in the Cocas Beaufighters). There are 2 versions; standard "EO" type -that we'd been using since the early 2000s and the SF2NA "cruise missile" type. That one will need modification to the aircrafts data ini to add the CM AI sections. And hope for the best in operational circumstances. It's a bit "flakey" -- and that's being generous.

Not knowing what YEAR is being flown (60lb RP3s don't arrive at squadron level until 1943), what map you're flying on; if said map is set up for "Naval Strike", if the aircraft itself has been set up for Naval_Strike, or if set up for torp usage in the Anti-ship loadout.

Too many variable to start guessing at.

I don't even have their Stringbag in my ETO install, only my MTO one. And I'm pretty sure the loadouts are a bit "too" heavy, bomb wise.

Haven't flown it for years...

Actually, it IS just that simple

------------------

ALL ww2 weapons have been converted for SF2 usage, and are available in the SF2 downloads section. Including NEW RN/RAF trops by Veltro (may also be found in the Cocas Beaufighters). There are 2 versions; standard "EO" type -that we'd been using since the early 2000s and the SF2NA "cruise missile" type. That one will need modification to the aircrafts data ini to add the CM AI sections. And hope for the best in operational circumstances. It's a bit "flakey" -- and that's being generous.

Not knowing what YEAR is being flown (60lb RP3s don't arrive at squadron level until 1943), what map you're flying on; if said map is set up for "Naval Strike", if the aircraft itself has been set up for Naval_Strike, or if set up for torp usage in the Anti-ship loadout.

Too many variable to start guessing at.

I don't even have their Stringbag in my ETO install, only my MTO one. And I'm pretty sure the loadouts are a bit "too" heavy, bomb wise.

Haven't flown it for years...

Duh. Sorry. I forgot about the WW2 weapons pack. That would certainly make it easier... I stand corrected.

Thanks, Wrench.

No problem, Doc!

---------

Just for shits and grins I spent 10 minutes with it last night, and got everything (to a point!) working as is should have been.  Of course, I had to go through my various books, and try to figure out WHAT is should be carrying, for what mission task, and when...

There are a LOT of faults with the "weapons mounting hardware", not the least of which is all the hardpoints were in a single group. So, I split them into 3 new groups, and added a 4th, just for a single 500lb bomb. Unfortunately, they didn't build in a separate centerline bomb rack, so it looks wrong, hanging off the torp rack.

as you can see in the screenies below. I lightened the "Attack" loadout to 6 100 lb bombs, but -surprise!- they don't fit the racks (not without further adjustments of placement -which would effect all other bombs placed there). The original load was 6 250 pounders ... I think a bit too much for an already underpowered aircraft.

the single bomb for strike

and 6 60lb rockets. that hardpoint needed the CORRECT weapon's type added

and, of course, with a torp

also fixed the landing lights that never turned off ... by using one of my patent pending "cheats"

• Like 2