Fused all the korean theater mods to a stand alone install and done tons of fixes to make it stable/functional/streamlined for campaign play. After working it on and off over 2 years I'm currently pretty satisfied with the result. TK built this series mainly for 60s-80s air combat, but surprisingly it is awesome for a guns only dogfight arena due to a competent AI and a dynamic campaign engine.

So it occurs to me why not share? Seems that the "KAW" development have seen some mess over the years, but that time has passed (even Tk himself is jumping ship looks like! The golden age of flight sims continue to fade...) and a decent all in one pack would be good to bring it to a final fruition... The SF community is rather small and resources are extremely scarce, it took me some time to come to grasp some degree of reality pertaining to this. All the time I'm downloading and using mods, maybe it's time to do something and give back.

I'm not one of the "regulars" here so thought better ask if it's ok to upload. I understand Wrench no longer grants permission for the terrain and ofc there's DAT, YAP and Razbam so won't include those. I've assembled a list of credits for everything I've used. Apparently Wrench is practically on everyone of them so first and foremost Wrench, whether you are OK with these except the terrain. It is a long list, will make it more detailed (like eburger's) if it's uploaded. Lemme know if there're typos in names or I've missed someone important.

F-86:

Zurawski, Fubar512, Brain32, NDicki, Wrench, Diego, Crab_02, russouk2004, Ravenclaw007, Crusader, USAFMTL, Jimmy Bib

Mig-15/Mig-15Bis:

Fubar512, Stary, Pasko, Wrench, Spillone104

Mig-15/Mig-15Bis Skin pack:

Paulopanz, Spillone104

F9F-2:

Bobrock, Wrench

F9F-5P:

Pasko, ChampionsVA56, Diego, Bobrock

F-80C:

ErikGen, Kesselbrut, Hgbn, Diego, Wrench, Baffmeister

F-94B:

ErikGen, Paulopanz, Wrench

AD-2/4:

Dels, TMF, Wrench, Timmy

AD-4NL:

MontyCZ, Dels, Bunyap, Wrench

La-11:

Bunyap, Kesselbrut, Wrench

P-51D:

Wrench, Baffmeister

RF-51D:

Wolf257, Crab_02, FastCargo

F4U/AU-1:

TMF, Crusader, Russouk2004, Wrench

Yak-9P:

Cocas, Paulopanz, Baffmeister, Pasko

F-82G:

FastCargo, Baffmeister, Flogger23, Fubar512

F-84E/G:

Russouk2004, JSF_Aggie, Zurawski, Wrench

A-26B:

Timmy, Bobrock, Hgbn, Wrench

F7F-3N:

Geo, TMF, Cliff11, Baffmeister, Charles

C-119:

MontyCZ, Soulfreak, Kesselbrut, Wrench

Firefly:

Simon Porter, Kesselbrut, Wrench

Seafury:

Simon Porter, DenisOliveira, Wrench, Derk, FastCargo, Baffmeister

Meteor8:

Wrench

B-29:

MontyCZ, Pinch, Wrench, Howling1

IL-10:

Aleks, Cocas, Spillone104, Baffmeister, Paulopanz

Independence CVL:

Yeyeye, eburger68, Paulopanz, Fubar512

Atlanta CL, Cleveland CA:

Yeyeye

Fletcher DD:

GrinchWSLG, Wrench, Hinchinbrooke, Typhoid, Ghost029

Colossus CVL:

Hinchinbrooke

Cavalier DD:

Hinchinbrooke, Wrench, Paulopanz

YAP Essex edits:

Paulopanz

High-Res Runway Textures (rescaled):

JSF_Aggie

Gun hit and tracer effects:

Stary

Map Counters, Pilot Pics:

Capitaine Vengeur

SF1 Campaign:

Edward

Planning Maps:

Wrench

The fixes made are various, including typos in inis, missing decals, optimizing LOD ranges, clearing out redundant files, better loadouts, aim is to prevent CTDs and clear out bugs. FM edits include landing speed adjustments (so AI can land every plane), AI gunnery edits, damage modelling (edits on structural factor, volumnstructurepoint, armor and some hitbox fixes), faster cruising speeds... Minimized effects to make fps bearable on med-hi settings. Some soundlist edits so sounds are properly played. Various edits done on the F-86, uses modified F100 pit (the two are surprisingly similar), set gun convergence, added some gen1 skins. Some edits on the Mig-15 cockpit avionics and visuals. Squadron list updated to include every blufor squadron. Campaign improved, added some air units, fixed typos, some skin folder renamed, increased supply so squadrons can update aircraft, also fully incorporated Paulo's new Mig15 skin pack. Not blessed with programming or 3D modelling skills here but can at least do lotta TLC on almost everything.

Edited by Do335
  • Like 3

you have a new Yak-9P by me!

thnx cocas, it was... the wrong yak. edited. Edited by Do335

thnx cocas, it was... the wrong yak. edited.

np

mine might be a bit better since it newer but i was very green back then!

Various edits done on the F-86, uses modified F100 pit (the two are surprisingly similar),

Why not using the ultra-HD original F-86F cockpit I spent hours converting from il2 Korea mod? :D

Brain32, maybe can use the default pits and include the f100 pit as optional?.. as i find myself alternating between the 3 as well (Zurawski/yours/F100)

Ahh...I thought you didn't know it exists and were searching for a similar replacement ;)

If it helps the new one I converted is per flight manual an F-86F cockpit, earlier versions are different in some respects...

• Like 1

my 33.3 cents..

There is NOTHING in that mod that uses, or NEEDS,  ANYTHING from the DAT or YAP. Keep it that way. (yes, we know they both have the required straight-deck Essex -- but use what I've done, even if it's an SCB-125 Essex). Everything needed for any campaign can be found HERE at CA, without having to outsource mods unavailable to the general public.

the Sabre and MiG FMs are nearly 5% (or better!)  of the real world -- both done by Fubar. There is NO need to mess with them.

Leave the Sabre cockpits alone; like Brain said, the F model 99.9% of the real thing. Zur's original cockpit is just fine for the A and E models (although the F cockpit could be used for late production Es)

BTW, the SF2 KAW sabre skins are 100% historical ... right down to the serials of aircraft in the squadrons. There's no real need to add any1stGen junk to them.

you'll probably want to recheck in the D/L section .. there's a new AD-4NL (3w) that replaces Monty's.

that SF1 campaign is junk ... unless you've used it as "base starting point" nothing on MY map matches that original.

"tazkiller"/Col Stafford are the same person, and had nothing to do with this mod, Nor has Charles anything to do with it.

There are no pasko aircraft for that mod (as Cocas gave us a new Yak-9)

and as to the map itself ... well, you know where I stand on that. That terrain is above the 95 percentile in matching the real world (given the terrain engine's limitations). Leave it alone, Please?

Remember: that terrain is designed with a 100 year span -- it covers everything from 1950 to 2050.

The reason there never was a campaign built, is by the time things were ready for release, there was nobody left but me, and unfortunately, I'm not a campaign builder. I think I explained that in one or another of the readmes.

My suggestion is to use what is here at CA, and CA only.

hi Wrench,

BTW, the SF2 KAW sabre skins are 100% historical ... right down to the serials of aircraft in the squadrons. There's no real need to add any1stGen junk to them.

thing is some bomber squadrons in the campaign will upgrade to F-86Fs from P-51s or F-80s (12/35/36/67/80FBS) and there aren't skins for them in your sabre pak, so i had to use some from the 1st gens mods. If you can supply us some premium skins in the future that'd be awesome.

there's a new AD-4NL (3w) that replaces Monty's.

can't find it! checked the A-1 section (http://combatace.com/files/category/612-a-1/), the "others" section, and all your uploads (http://combatace.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=downloads&mid=2153) but no joy...

Affirm on other points. I do have the essex and banshee, gonna include the ini as optional and leave out the skins and lods. had to ditch the DAT essex tho as the 3d model is really too simplied.

Edited by Do335

those 1stGen skins suck rocks.  Why not make them all matching, by using Volker's Sabre templates, available here in the /Templates sections?

http://combatace.com/files/file/15043-ravenclaw-templates-for-zurs-sabres/

iirc, ALL my layers should be intact.

Then it's a simple matter to re decal them.

If you need more help, give me a shout!

I SWEAR I remember uploading the 3W-based AD-4NL!!! I'll look in the D/L section, and if I can't find it, put a package together. It' still for VC-3, and is pretty much identical to Montys, (right down to reusing the same decals!) but uses the 3w A-1H lod.

those 1stGen skins suck rocks.  Why not make them all matching, by using Volker's Sabre templates, available here in the /Templates sections?

http://combatace.com/files/file/15043-ravenclaw-templates-for-zurs-sabres/

iirc, ALL my layers should be intact.

Then it's a simple matter to re decal them.

If you need more help, give me a shout!

I SWEAR I remember uploading the 3W-based AD-4NL!!! I'll look in the D/L section, and if I can't find it, put a package together. It' still for VC-3, and is pretty much identical to Montys, (right down to reusing the same decals!) but uses the 3w A-1H lod.

Wrench, what if we swap roles. the 1st task seems requiring more skinning and 2nd one seems more like ini editing, I'm obviously more suited for the latter..

even though I'm in the middle of 2 terrains, 3 airplanes (new bubble top Jugs!!!)-- no 4, as I just found the LF Spit 5 Cocas & I never finished- I think I can find some time. I may cheat and just reuse serial and buzz number decals.

:biggrin:

point me to the other skins, and I'll see what I can do.. PM me the links.

I assume these would be the ones as seen in the Osprey "F-86 Fighter-Bomber Units in Korea" (which I have on pdf; if you don't - I can share a copy, if needed)

ehehe scratch that wrench i'll do it. I did DL ravenclaw's templates, maybe it is time to start beginner skinning steps. one thing i do like with the gen1 skins is they look more weathered, they're just too low-res to display much detail. will see what i can do on a higher res template such as ravenclaw's. old time mud movers are supposed to look dirty i reckon.

LOL!!

67th FBS, 18th FBW

I assume this is one??

(in an odd twist, I've done several of their WW2 skins too!)

I have this Meteor (me) and cockpit (Dels) that is (as far as I know) completely unreleased.  It was awaiting skins from Kulbit80 and they were beautiful...

post-14500-0-70777100-1360950837.jpg

Also, Russ was working on updating his F-84E and G models, and retrofitting those changes to the B/C/D models that I had built from his original MAX files...

xpost-1981-0-08645000-1350415390.jpg.pag

I don't want to delay a comprehensive pack...but these models have been sitting...just waiting for a release...

FC

• Like 2

Indeed... Russ did a fantastic job on the model. Even the older ones still look pretty good.

If the mapping stayed the same, the existing skins can be reused. Or, if a Hi-Rez template has/had been made, the existing ones redone in the new rez

we never got the new Meteor 8, which is why I did the skins for the 3W exp pak version (which are 100% historical)

ok, Do335, the NEW (3w based) AD-4NL is up!! have fun with it!!

• Like 1

my 33.3 cents..

There is NOTHING in that mod that uses, or NEEDS,  ANYTHING from the DAT or YAP. Keep it that way. (yes, we know they both have the required straight-deck Essex -- but use what I've done, even if it's an SCB-125 Essex). Everything needed for any campaign can be found HERE at CA, without having to outsource mods unavailable to the general public.

the Sabre and MiG FMs are nearly 5% (or better!)  of the real world -- both done by Fubar. There is NO need to mess with them.

Leave the Sabre cockpits alone; like Brain said, the F model 99.9% of the real thing. Zur's original cockpit is just fine for the A and E models (although the F cockpit could be used for late production Es)

you'll probably want to recheck in the D/L section .. there's a new AD-4NL (3w) that replaces Monty's.

that SF1 campaign is junk ... unless you've used it as "base starting point" nothing on MY map matches that original.

"tazkiller"/Col Stafford are the same person, and had nothing to do with this mod, Nor has Charles anything to do with it.

There are no pasko aircraft for that mod (as Cocas gave us a new Yak-9)

and as to the map itself ... well, you know where I stand on that. That terrain is above the 95 percentile in matching the real world (given the terrain engine's limitations). Leave it alone, Please?

Remember: that terrain is designed with a 100 year span -- it covers everything from 1950 to 2050.

The reason there never was a campaign built, is by the time things were ready for release, there was nobody left but me, and unfortunately, I'm not a campaign builder. I think I explained that in one or another of the readmes.

My suggestion is to use what is here at CA, and CA only.

Second that! Agreed.

• Like 1

I have this Meteor (me) and cockpit (Dels) that is (as far as I know) completely unreleased.  It was awaiting skins from Kulbit80 and they were beautiful...

xpost-14500-0-70777100-1360950837.jpg.pa

Also, Russ was working on updating his F-84E and G models, and retrofitting those changes to the B/C/D models that I had built from his original MAX files...

xpost-1981-0-08645000-1350415390.jpg.pag

I don't want to delay a comprehensive pack...but these models have been sitting...just waiting for a release...

FC

I've sent a PM to Russ and Kulbit to see what the status is on these and how much work it would be to get them to release status. I can do decals if we need them.

FC

• Like 1

100% historical RAAF Meteor decals already exist

http://combatace.com/files/file/12212-raaf-meteor-f8-77-squadron/

it WOULD be great to have this airplane, it would mean that those without Expansion Pak 1 would now have the Meteor

Exactly what I was thinking Wrench...with this, our F-51 and RF-51, folks shouldn't need SF2I:Exp 1 at all.

In fact, Do335, is there a way you can break down what from which version of SF2 is needed? Or have you specified this in the readme already?

FC

I fully support getting the KAW mod to "all in one" status!!!   :clapping:

As far as I know, the beta KAW campaign that I posted early in the summer works OK with the latest terrain/aircraft/ships and has a working ground war.  That could be used as a starting point.  Then just add units for additional aircraft/ships as needed.  

http://combatace.com/topic/83177-kaw-campaign-with-ground-war-beta/

edit - just saw that the pack is uploaded already.  Maybe this campaign can make it into an update.

Edited by malibu43