Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Help using Laser Guided bombs?

First off this is for the Hornet/Super Hornet mods for SF NA2.

Not sure what FLIR pod to use but launching Pave way bombs is not working. The target is displayed in the FLIR window so I know it's locked to the ground target (to make sure I did a ground targeting lock) yet the bomb misses the target. I made sure the FLIR pod was pointed at the target to make sure the targeting beam wasn't broken but the bombs still fall like dumb bombs.

What am I doing wrong guys? The in advance for any help you guys can give.

I always release LGB's at 20 000 - 25 000 ft, roughly 5km horizontal distance from the target (I can tell when  I am 5km away 'cause one square on the map is about 5km), Speed is normal cruising speed. I hit every time except when the bomb doesn't lock, which is ingame random thing. You can release LGB's from difrent altitudes but you have to see or recalculate the altitude and distance anew.

Any pod is "good" as they're very generic (other than some operating procedures).  Since I'm sure you've probably operated the real thing then you're not going to get the same amount of use of it.  The pod automatically goes to the nearest target you hit E with (or the main target for your mission).  If you want to use a real TGP with any effect simulated go to DCS and get the A-10C module.  But here's a small guide I wrote four years ago and not surprisingly still works even with the July 2013 patch:

Like real life you need to just practice, and highly recommend getting the Bombing Range map as that way you can practice unmolested if needed.

Guided Weapons.pdf

Guided Weapons.pdf

Any pod is "good" as they're very generic (other than some operating procedures).  Since I'm sure you've probably operated the real thing then you're not going to get the same amount of use of it.  The pod automatically goes to the nearest target you hit E with (or the main target for your mission).  If you want to use a real TGP with any effect simulated go to DCS and get the A-10C module.  But here's a small guide I wrote four years ago and not surprisingly still works even with the July 2013 patch:

Like real life you need to just practice, and highly recommend getting the Bombing Range map as that way you can practice unmolested if needed.

Thanks.  Where do I get the bombing range map?

most likely in the SF/Wo* /Terrains downloads section. There's an targeting update package for it as well.

This works with SF2: NA???  :blink:

Yes it does. It is running in my SF2:NA mods folder. It will appear as a terrain named "Range" that you can select in the single missions screen.  

This actually was something I was looking for.  I didn't imagine there was something out there like Red Flag.  From reading the comments for the download of this file Miramar needs to get fully realized and NAS Lemoore/Fallon needs attention.  From there I'd be happy.  City tiles for the various cities shouldn't be a problem for someone that wants to give the scenery a little more detail.  The main city that would need attention would be Las Vegas.  Nelles is right there and it would be weird not to have the city fully rendered in detail.  I haven't installed this yet but I will once it's fully downloaded.  Thanks for the great Mod/File.