Dillon

Livery Request: VFA-94 for the Hornet/Super Hornet

I was in two squadrons at NAS Lemoore back in 1993-94.  I was surprised to find liveries for my squadron (VFA-94) was not created for the virtual Hornet C model (SF2: NA).  It's funny my sister squadron right across the parking lot 'The Blue Diamonds' got allot of love from this community but not mine.  :smile:  May I humbly request/ask if anyone has the time to do a VAQ-34 and VFA-94 livery for the F/A-18C (94 series model in the version that can be downloaded here at CombatAce, if that makes any since).  My squadron (VFA-94) is also slated to get the Super Hornet next year so it would be great to see a livery for the 3.2 virtual model as well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes this on.  A special shout out to all who've served and those like me who worked on these amazing birds in the real world.

Okay didn't realize that VAQ-34 was an A squadron, but easily doable.

As for VFA-94, dumb question they're transitioning to the E model correct?

Edited by EricJ

As for VFA-94, dumb question they're transitioning to the E model correct?

Correct!

Cool, just a start (fixed the modex) on the E version, still rough as it's been a while since I've touched a SF2 Hornet/Super so have to add the rest but overall she'll be done in a couple hours or so.

post-5735-0-95252600-1419890669_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-95252600-1419890669_thumb.jpg

And more work.  Not much else I can add for now...

EDIT: Texture included and simply drop in the BlkII folder and go fly, select "VFA-94" and uses the VFA-105 decals (for the modex numbers).

post-5735-0-87486700-1419896366_thumb.jpg

VFA-94.7z

post-5735-0-87486700-1419896366_thumb.jpg

VFA-94.7z

Edited by EricJ

As for the VAQ-34 I'll get that later on though, need to dig up a lot of resources for that squadron.

And more work.  Not much else I can add for now...

EDIT: Texture included and simply drop in the BlkII folder and go fly, select "VFA-94" and uses the VFA-105 decals (for the modex numbers).

Wow, thanks so much for this... NotWorthy.gif.pagespeed.ce.bD8w3q6C3B.giyeahbaby01.gif.pagespeed.ce.5mHNQJwauA.g

Edited by Dillon

I wrote in the wrong jet above.  VAQ-34 flew the F/A-18A's.  VFA-94 currently flies the 'C' model.  

Thanks again.  

No worries i understood what you were talking about. Probably get it out soon as it seems very basic for the A model.

Some progress work, the tanks aren't working with me yet, just going to have to mess around with that a bit but overall (save for the modex) pretty much what it'll look like.

post-5735-0-64694500-1419915565_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-64694500-1419915565_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Some progress work, the tanks aren't working with me yet, just going to have to mess around with that a bit but overall (save for the modex) pretty much what it'll look like.

Eric this looks great, outstanding work... good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif

Edited by Dillon

Eric are two seater 'A' models available?  We had single and two seaters.

Thanks!

Some more work, and some tweaking and she'll be good to go.

post-5735-0-14965400-1419919620_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-14965400-1419919620_thumb.jpg

Yeah I saw that on the list at one of the site, four A's and four B's, and those are definitely part of that Hornet pack.

Take a look at this for the A for now, as I gotta get to bed myself, and will work on the B tomorrow plus any tweaks for this one.  For some reason there's a discoloration with the front half of the A model that annoys the hell out of me (one reason I don't enjoy doing this aircraft) but I may have nipped it in the bud though with this version.

VAQ-34.7z

VAQ-34.7z

Eric are two seater 'A' models available?  We had single and two seaters.

Two seater Hornets are in this pack:

http://combatace.com/files/file/13591-fa-18bd-series-by-the-hornet-team-beta/

These are the single seaters:

http://combatace.com/files/file/13589-fa-18-series-by-the-hornet-team-beta/

Edited by allenjb42

BTW Dillon here's the A texture on the B, so you can save time by simply copying and pasting the same folder into the FA-18B folder and go fly:

post-5735-0-83778900-1419960430_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-83778900-1419960430_thumb.jpg

BTW Dillon here's the A texture on the B, so you can save time by simply copying and pasting the same folder into the FA-18B folder and go fly:

Looks amazing... Thanks.

Never thought I'd see my old squadron virtually like this.  Great job.  That was the plane I flew back seat in.

If you don't mind put '01' on that bird, you can find pictures of it online.  That was the one I flew in.  The single seater would be 02.  Sorry I forgot to mention the numbering.

Edited by Dillon

I'm former Army so I never realized that VAQ-34 had Hornets (was aware of the Corsair) .Yeah sure, gimme a few.

Edited by EricJ

I'm former Army so I never realized that VAQ-34 had Hornets (was aware of the Corsair) .Yeah sure, gimme a few.

Yea, we had women fighter pilots before the other fleet squadrons had them, kind of historic I guess.  I knew the women pictured in front of the F/A-18's for this squadron in some of the pics you'll find around the web.  Again great job. 

Will you still be able to do VFA-94 for the F/A-18C?

And here you go...

Yeah I can still get the C VFA-94 done, just slipped the mind.

And didn't know that your squadron had the first female pilots, good to know...

post-5735-0-89213100-1419966031_thumb.jpg

VAQ-34.7z

post-5735-0-89213100-1419966031_thumb.jpg

VAQ-34.7z

And here you go...

Yeah I can still get the C VFA-94 done, just slipped the mind.

And didn't know that your squadron had the first female pilots, good to know...

First female 'Fighter' pilots (don't quote me on this, all I know is they were the only one's I knew of when I was at NAS Lemoore).

01 was on the two seater.  02-06 were on the single seaters. 

Edited by Dillon

Okay the site I used did have "01" on the two-seater, but didn't list the numbers for the aircraft (single or two-seat):

Matter of fact this is the site I did use so far:

http://www.vaq34.com/vaq34/vaqf-18.htm

Okay the site I used did have "01" on the two-seater, but didn't list the numbers for the aircraft (single or two-seat):

Matter of fact this is the site I did use so far:

http://www.vaq34.com/vaq34/vaqf-18.htm

Great site.  I was wondering where those birds were myself.  Either way birds came in and out the squadron when I was there.  I remember '01' because that's the one I flew in.  I was there back in 1992-93 so exact number for aircraft is a little foggy now.  When I was there I didn't appreciate the significance of this squadron.  I wanted to be in an F-14 squadron down at Miramar.

Edited by Dillon