Sign in to follow this  
Stwa

Missing Cockpit Textures

Hi All,

I have recently discovered some fun with WW2 aircraft. One in particular has caught my attention. Wolf's P-40B Tomahawk. This bird is fantastic in all respects, but it seems that some cockpit textures are missing, or perhaps not being applied to the cockpit interior.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed just by a user, or must you have the 3D model generator? Here is an overhead screenshot.

post-17303-0-43844700-1419957054_thumb.jpg

post-17303-0-43844700-1419957054_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the light green cockpit is an untextured part of the model, which you can't fix unless you have the source code for the model.

The Wolf aircraft are accurate models, but are in some respects a bit dated - most date to 2005, and have been overtaken by current standards.

There are more recent P-40 models (B , E and F) available, both here and at the DAT site, which do have textured cockpits.

Hi again Gatling20,

Thanks for the heads up on the P-40 models.

I don't know much about WW2 birds. I have been using Cold War stuff since I got WoV when it first came out.

I just got really excited when I test drove this bird. And sure its old, but the model seems well done, IMHO.

Hey Gatling20,

It doesn't look so bad from the side. :blink:

Since I have them all ready to go. I will check the other birds out and just replace em over time. As it turned out, I was really confused on the different models and names. So this is what I ended up with. P-40B Warhawk - USAAF units; P-40B Tomahawk - AVG units; Tomahawk Mk.IIA - RAF units.

post-17303-0-35110200-1420002408_thumb.jpg

post-17303-0-35110200-1420002408_thumb.jpg

OK, so I am getting a little more used to this older treatment of the internals in the cockpit as seen from an external view of the aircraft model. Case in point, the P-39D again by Wolf. This aircraft uses a slightly tan color which creates a different appearance altogether. The canopy frame, is textured with a decal that makes it the green color of the aircraft.

So far I am really liking Wolf's WW2 models. They are old. WoX is old. And I keep getting older every day. :blink:

post-17303-0-76928000-1420133505_thumb.jpg

post-17303-0-76928000-1420133505_thumb.jpg