Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Afterburner effect illuminates the cockpit at night, is there anything that can be done?.

I know this is a longshot question but I hate the way the afterburner effect illuminates the cockpit at night in the Super Hornet.  From what I've seen with the F/A-18A/B/C/D I have installed this doesn't have to be the case.  Lighting up the burners shouldn't brighten up the cockpit as if the fire was right there in the cockpit.  I understand if the model was made like this there's nothing that can be done but is it the effect or how the model in general was made?  Thx in advance for the feedback on this. 

Edited by Dillon

BurnerEffectSize= ???

Dillon:

You need to locate the effect .INI file for the afterburner in question and adjust this line:

LightRange=5.0

It's probably set to 250.0 or even 500.0. Set it to 5.0 -- that should solve the problem.

Eric Howes

"LightSourceRange=" is the statement that controls how far the area of illumination extends out from the effect.  All distances (values) are in meters.  I normally use 3.0, which gives me an illumination circle that is just short of 10 feet in diameter.  The pertinent statement is located in whichever afterburner effect INI file is assigned to that model, and, if it's a third-party effect, it will reside in the effects folder.

Fubar512:

I believe you're confusing the LightRange= statement used in afterburner effects with the LightSrcRange= statement used in aircraft Data.inis for aircraft lighting.

I just checked the default SF2 ParticleSystem.INI -- there isn't a single LightSourceRange= statement in the entire file. LightRange= is, in fact, the correct statement. A number of SF1 afterburner effects have the LightRange= set to 250 or higher for afterburners. For SF2 a value of 5.0 or even 3.0 is more appropriate.

Eric Howes

My mistake, LightRange is absolutely correct.  It sucks getting old!