Sign in to follow this  
ST0RM

Relearning everything again

A few months ago, after taking time off of simming, I fired up DCS & took the Huey up. I found I could still fly her reasonably well and fire the weps. Not perfect, but somewhat straight and could say out of the dreaded vortex ring state with careful watching. Well, after the last few updates, it appears that it has been ramped back up to max. I can't even get it out of a hover now.

Back to square one.

Yeah I tried the Mi-8 and can't fly for nothing so I guess it is a patch issue (sucks as it looks fairly cool) and the Huey is marginally better though.

DCS can be a little overwhellming, a true study sime, not so easy. Even the beginning series, you could see where it was heading.

I knew what I was getting into, as I used to fly the Huey when they released it. Watched the tutorials and practiced. I got pretty good. But over the course of time, the kept changing the FM back and forth. Now, it's nowhere near it was before and I'm left shaking my head.