Sign in to follow this  
BP_MOSCOW

Ok, let me make this clear...

I have had many, many CTD's and more often system reboots since I bought this sim - flying online and offline (Paid £40 GBP for it, you work out just how much that is in USD). I have patched it correctly and the CTD's and system reboots are still here - although the game does indeed run much smoother and looks better - I can't tell if the CTD's and boots are fewer or more but I can tell they are still present. Now don't come and tell me I must be the only one experiencing these issues because I am not.

There is also nothing wrong with my system as I have about 20 other game/sim titles including Janes F/A-18, Il-2, USAF - all these titles vary in quality an system demands. Some run OpenGL, or D3D or both. NONE of them crash my system or constantly and consistently CTD, especially the amazing IL-2 which has never complained or crashed...even when i run card drivers that messes up my other games - IL-2 just blasts on.

Sorry for this rant, i guess everyone is tired of complaints - I just had to get this off my chest.

Hi,

Are you using an ATI card?

I was having what seems like the same problems you are having. Very often, I would get a black screen for about 3 seconds after the loading screen and then the game would crash thus initiating reboot. On the few occasions I did get the game to run, it would eventually crash and force reboot after about 10 minutes of flying... same as you.

Anyway, I went to the ATI website today and updated my video drivers. That seemed to cure my crash problems. I don't know if doing that would help your situation, but it might be a good idea to make sure your video drivers are up to date.

i had trouble with the game when video was set higher than 800x600 ,maybe try a lower resolution?

Uhm sys spec's

THe rant might be more productive if we knew what your sys specs were?

XP Pro (SP1)

Gateway 1ghz AMD Athlon

Soundblaster Audigy (latest XP drivers)

Creative 5:1 speakers

Albatron GF4 ti4200P Tubo 128mb (42:30's) NO OC in SF

512MB DDR ram

2Nics for home LAN,

1MBIT line via cable

X45 (latest Saitek drivers)

I somehow managed to fly about 2 hours last night and this morning offline without any crashes or CTD's. It seems to be better now although I have not done anything to the machine or changed anything at all. The new effects are absolutely awesome! Especially smoke from destroyed ground targets. Very well done, in fact, done better than any other sim I have tried so-far.

Disk is defragged regularly. CTD's are a very real part of this sim and I do not think a perfect, clean XP Pro install will reduce the amount of CTD's anyway. I coul go and buy a brand new machine today and strike fighters would still CTD it.