Sign in to follow this  
hawker111

Problem running in 1600 x 1200 resolution

When running in 1680 x 1050, which is my monitor's resolution, the cockpit in WOV is stretched out.

When running WOV in 800 x 60, 1024 x 768, and 1400 x 1050 the screen does not stretch out to fit my monitor. The aspect ratio of the cockpit is correct. There is a black bar on the right and on the left.

Now, for some reason, when I run the sim in 1600 x 1200 resolution, the aspect ratio appears to be correct. But there is only a black bar on the right of the screen. The bottom of the screen is "shifted" down off of the screen (I can tell because when loading the loading bar is off the screen).

Does anyone else have a problem when running WOV in 1600 x 1200?

Thanks,

Hawker111

If you're experiencing a stretched cockpit when attempting to run at 1680x1050 resolution, the fix is quite simple.  Open up your flightengine.ini file (which by default resides in the flightdata.cat file) and extract it to your sim's flight folder.

One you've opened it up, scroll down to this entry: "AspectRatio=1.333". Edit the value so it reads "AspectRatio=16.10" (or even "AspectRatio=4.3"), and save it.  You should be good to go.

Edited by Fubar512