Sign in to follow this  
colmack

did i waste $100 on these?

I know this is not directly related to sf2 other then that is what i wanted to use them in.....   okay to the meat of the subject got the  F16 FLCS/TQS + peddles on ebay today wondering why i didn't have very much competition lol my phone died when i was in the last mins of the auction so i didn't even know if i got sniped........... now i read that they wont work in WIN 7 ahh Snap!! without the digital conversion that hasn't been available since like 2003 or something like that........   i thought Bruce you finally hit the big time......but noooo that old saying two of sh!t still = sh!t......   not that the equipment was sh!t in its day......just sayin......

post-2710-0-26658800-1420527819.jpg

post-2710-0-26658800-1420527819.jpg

OUCH......  Windows 95 (DOS)

still a great display set for history in flightsim aviation

Edited by LeL

Well if you want to go with what LeL says it doesn't seem so bad you just perchased display pieces for flight sim history.

Time to get an old PC, load up Windows 98 and run some great flight sims of the past.  TFX is still very playable.

If another 4 people bid just put them back on eBay with a better piccie and description. 

I kind of know the feeling -- I've got a brand new CH F-16 throttle, that I bought ages ago and can't use 'cause its the 'gameport' hookup.

(which is kind of ok, as there's no room for it on the desk anyway!)

If the USB's will work, then a program called 'Xpadder' will let you program the stick. Not sure of the pedals though. I use it to run a XBox Stick and throttle in XP. The program claims it will run any game controller.

I've had the same setup for years (WCS2 instead of TQS). A couple of years ago I did a rewire and USB conversion using the BU0836 (see link below). Took me two days of soldering but I'm happy now!

http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836/

So I'd say, money NOT wasted.

Dels

That looks like a good project for my father n law and I!! he is real good with stuff like that thanks All for the words of encouragement and nice smiles i have beeb using a ms ffb for 15 years.... trigger died 5 years ago but space bar works ok lol

Edited by colmack

Heck, I've got a FLCS/TQS/RCS that has been sitting for years...

FC

I've already had a replacement HOTAS for a while...been wondering if I should sell my old stuff...

FC