To the issue what Happy308 was referring, only exists when the "use cat files" option is ticked under the extras->setting window on install which has DLC added to. Otherwise works as advertised, not counting that stock birds not visible for me on a pristine SF2E+SF2NA merge either.

Hello Mue,

Just looked through this thread.  Thank you very much for your excellent software program.  I just use it as a test on the EF-2000, works great on the 3rd party items.

I wanted to "reiterate" the comments by Logan4 and FC.  I do also agreed that the DLC and the Expansion Pack will cause the user not being able to see the locked .LODS on the Third Wire planes, or post 2010 patch (maybe 2012 as indicated by Wrench?).  

I am unable to see any stock .LODS, currently patched up to July 2012 fully merged SF2V,I,E,NA and 2 DLC aircraft; zero expansion pack installed.  I just see a complete blank on your LODviewer on stock aircraft .LOD.

But my assumption could be wrong and possibly just user error?  :blink:  :doh:

As you indicated, you are working on the Expansion Pack and SF2NA, please add DLC to your list if possible.

Again, thank you very much for your work.  :salute:

Edited by ace888

tried this on a few installs and it works on all

as stated ...you must use Thirdwire\ path or lods wont open...so....

stock j6

post-1981-0-93885100-1422667060_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

If the "Thirdwire/" part in naming/route is required then it will never open for me stock items to view ;o))) All my root installs are on different drive and none of them have any naming related to it than SF2test / NA/ fullmod / ODS or such that shows what sort of setup I made.

Aside from the 330kB worth of first run files have nothing on C or core structure from those.

thanks russouk! 

god, where was this when i reskinned the KC-10?  that was interesting, throwing many bright colors on to figure out where things were.  once again thank you mue!

logan:  this is what mine looks like to work.  try adjusting for your drive

post-43212-0-19883500-1422674298.jpg

Edited by daddyairplanes

For me...

LODViewer - Extras - Setting - ("check mark" Use CAT Files) - Browse - (C:) - Program Files (x86) - Thirdwire - Strike Fighters 2 - Objects = "BLANKS"  As I have stated... no CAT files or anything, just blank.

Just noticed, ANSI .lod's will load Ok when lod is selected by lod or ini in a temp folder with no cat pointer. Pre extracted UNICODE lod's won't lode at all. mue I know your working hard to get your program to run for everyone, Thanks. If you get the time can you look into it.

If the "Thirdwire/" part in naming/route is required then it will never open for me stock items to view ;o))) All my root installs are on different drive and none of them have any naming related to it than SF2test / NA/ fullmod / ODS or such that shows what sort of setup I made.

Aside from the 330kB worth of first run files have nothing on C or core structure from those.

The name/location of the install directory path doesn't matter.

For me...

LODViewer - Extras - Setting - ("check mark" Use CAT Files) - Browse - (C:) - Program Files (x86) - Thirdwire - Strike Fighters 2 - Objects = "BLANKS"  As I have stated... no CAT files or anything, just blank.

You have to select the install directory eg. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thirdwire\Strike Fighters 2" and NOT the Objects directory or any cat files.

But since you are on patch level jul2012 and not jul2013 I doubt that it will work anyway.

For those who can not see the stock lods:

Can you send me the following informations please (preferably as pm, as to not clutter this thread):

-Exact size of your ObjectData002.cat

-your version.ini

Thank you!

Hey mue,

The problem seems to be inconsistent. Some aircraft from the cat file show fine, some are green, and some don't show at all. Seems to be inconsistent.

FC

after a quick look of my own,  most NA aircraft don't seem to load,  P-51 shows green but all other SF2I are good to go,  third party is just fine and the F-84 oddly shows silver just fine but not most of the camo schemes

Great tool mue - Thanks for your work

Update Version 0.3

-reads expansion pack 1 / 2 and sf2na cat files (maybe it also reads the objectdata002.cat files that are different from mine file, but I couldn't test it)
-reads "pre locked" unicode lod files

LODViewerUpdateV0.3.zip

post-52028-0-57797300-1422818295_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I can see fine all stock bird now.

Thanks! :drinks:

Edited by logan4

Working like a charm!! All the blocked LODs are now visible. Another very usefull improvement should be a way to see all the wireframe nodes on textures - all together I mean. This tool is THE best thing that happens in years. A really breakthrough. Now the job of skinning is a lot easier as you don´t need to enter in the game to check the skin time to time - the real trial and error game. Thanks so much for the hard work. Your place on heaven is reserved ( along with the virgens as well)! :biggrin:  :worship:

• Like 2

-reads expansion pack 1 / 2 and sf2na cat files (maybe it also reads the objectdata002.cat files that are different from mine file, but I couldn't test it)

I can confirm that now I can open the original LODs from the .cat file. :bye:

This tool is so far already bloody awesome! Thank you mue :victory:

Edited by DaniloE31

Thank you all. You, the community, create fantastic mods for this series and I'm glad that I could give something back to the community.

Another very usefull improvement should be a way to see all the wireframe nodes on textures - all together I mean.

With right click in the material list window all nodes that use the selected material are shown on the texture. Maybe that helps you?

Ok maybe im missing something but when I try to find the cat files, that are installed on H:, I still cant select any catfile, cause the folder is empty?! What causes this?

You do not need to select them physically (can't as no extention is set up for). You only have to show the program the install directory (not the object folder). The program auto searches all cat files residing inside that and all sub-folders. 

See post 106 how your "setting" option has to look like with your H:/... address.

After that is set go to file->open and to the given AC's directory in the Aircraft folder and open it's AC.in -if stock - or select the lod or the AC.ini if a 3rd party item you want to check.

Thank you all. You, the community, create fantastic mods for this series and I'm glad that I could give something back to the community.

With right click in the material list window all nodes that use the selected material are shown on the texture. Maybe that helps you?

That´s it! Works as I wish.  Just right click over each .BMP/.JPG and the whole wireframe is shown. Thanks a lot!

Damn Mue, thanks a lot, again, I don't know how I did without your tool before, spending hours or days doing what takes minutes now; You really provided us with an invaluable tool.

Any chance you'll add the handling of decals at some point ? (and fake pilot grafts, and loadouts, and... just kidding... even though, now that I think about it... ;) keep up the good work)

Admin i think that Mue sould get a Modder title right yesterday!
he done more then many off the outher modders around here whit only one tool.

my two cents!

• Like 3

Sorry maybe stupid question.

I haven´t downloaded it yet.

But do i need to add all updates after installing the basic tool?