Thats a ini issue not a lod issue. What af does this? Usaf usually sets up three per flight,

Mue is there a way to extend the Node coordinates copy function like this ? 'I thing you got the pointer to the structure with the node name and coordinates when the 3D model windows have the focus

2015-04-12%2009.33.58.jpg

With the x,y,z coordinates & the the associated nod name you willl help all the skinners around here for the decals placing

Thank you in advance

Edited by Eole2

Hello guys, hello Mue!

I think I've missed something... :grandpa:

How to rotate (3/4 face for example and Eole screenshot cockpit view type) the views in the x, y and z axes?

Thank you for advance,

@ Mue, your Tools (with TAE) are very powerful!

Best regards

Edited by Coupi

LOD viewer v0.5 woth older LOD format support is excellent, now it works great with my custom SF1 and SF2 install! Really enjoyed browsing through the 3D objects like this. Thanks a lot!

There were only some ships shown without textures, where the Lod model refers to .JPGs but the CAT archive holds .BMPs instead.

(When textures are outside of CAT archives the Lod viewer does fall back to .BMPs)

Would Z-Y (side of object) be a better default view then Z-X (back)?

Are you considering stepping through to inspect the distance lods? The often ignored but important part of models.

Hello guys, hello Mue!

I think I've missed something... :grandpa:

How to rotate (3/4 face for example and Eole screenshot cockpit view type) the views in the x, y and z axes?

Thank you for advance,

@ Mue, your Tools (with TAE) are very powerful!

Best regards

Pres ALT key and move your mouse SHIFT Key for other axe

• Like 1

Super! Ok... Many thanks Eole!!! :good:

Edited by Coupi

Does anybody know, what causes this on startup(latest update):

No interface visible, although options visible when right click.

ATI card, WIN7 64

post-44310-0-74402600-1428858616_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know, what causes this on startup(latest update):

No interface visible, although options visible when right click.

ATI card, WIN7 64

Change the color depth to 32 bit.

Change the color depth to 32 bit.

Already done that, but  still black. I shall try updating my video card drivers.

Thanks for the answer.

Already done that, but  still black. I shall try updating my video card drivers.

Thanks for the answer.

Yep, new drivers needed, ok now.

Thanks for a great tool.

This is an amazing modding tool! Took me all of five minutes to place a set decals on a new skin from scratch. No loading the game to check the placement then having to quit and re-adjust the coordinates a thousand times till thier all in the right place. Huge thank you!!!

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 1

YOOOOOOO!! Such an amazing tool. You have no idea how desperate I was in finding a viewer for many years. I lost the motivation to do skin modding because I had to load the game for viewing purposes which took me so much time. With this tool, I may be able to finish some of my unfinished skin projects and also make new ones faster. Thanks mue. 

• Like 1

a dumb question just occurred to me...

does this tool see objectdata002 cat?

and how do we open it??

that's the locked cat, where all the lods are kept. I haven't seen anyone asking about that, or if they've used it.

a dumb question just occurred to me...

does this tool see objectdata002 cat?

and how do we open it??

that's the locked cat, where all the lods are kept. I haven't seen anyone asking about that, or if they've used it.

The program reads all (unlocked and locked) *.cat files from your <installdir>/objects/ and <installdir>/terrains/ folder and all *.dlc files from your <installdir>/DLC/ folder. Dlc files are just cat files with the *.dlc extension. You open the lods by opening the respecitive *.ini files from your mod folder.

Not all lods are in objectdata002.cat. DLC lods are in the *.dlc files. Game specific (eg. Europe, Israel, NA, Expansion Packs,...)  lods are in the respective cat files. Terrain object lods are in the terrain.cat files.

unfortunately, that's not working for me

used the A-1H.ini, and this is what I see... (even changed the setting pointer to the C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\Objects

(and just for grins and giggles, tried with the desert .ini, and go the message "no reference LOD file found"

unfortunately, that's not working for me

used the A-1H.ini, and this is what I see... (even changed the setting pointer to the C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\Objects

(and just for grins and giggles, tried with the desert .ini, and go the message "no reference LOD file found"

For me, it works.

Have you set the pointer to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2" ?

Can you post the exaxt size of ObjectData009.CAT. That's there the A-1H.LOD is. I will check if we have identical cat files.

Do have others also problems with loading/displaying stock lods?

I just tested it on the A-1H.ini in my "C:\Users\User Name\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Objects\Aircraft\A-1H" folder with the setting pointer aimed at "C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2" and got this.

post-56847-0-47289600-1429306753_thumb.jpg

Edited by KJakker

cat 009 = 119,572, dated 7/13/2013 (latest patch)

Got it working, for non DLCs .. I had the pointer setting down one step too far (/Strike Fighters2/Objects)

As you can see, was able to open the SCB-125 right away.

So, a trick for the DLCs??

So, a trick for the DLCs??

No. Just open the *.ini file.

mue,

any chance for another addition to this tool... ?

Could you make it visualize the CollisionPoints .. then its easier to check and edit them :)

I'd like that also.When you have time and if it can be done? It would make easy to check a new model before it's released.

On the longer term, I would like to be able to modify nodes :

Though exporting an dmodfiying meshes can be rated as piracy, I think that being able to either delete a node or replace the original mesh by another one, or add one  is ok

For what it's worth, I strongly disagree - in my opinion it should remain a "Viewer" just as Mue said it would.

• Like 1

I would second that.. for now. When and if SF2 "officially" becomes abandonware I think we could rethink that policy, especially regarding stock aircraft. Some of the AI-onlies could use a fair bit of mesh smoothing, as well as cockpit tweaks etc. Could make a really great "Community Update Pack".

• Like 3

one the lod has been exported, isn't it "locked", and the meshes no longer editable? That's always the impression everyone has had.

using ini edits to 'move' or 'remove' (hide) meshes is all we can do.

On the longer term, I would like to be able to modify nodes :

Though exporting an dmodfiying meshes can be rated as piracy, I think that being able to either delete a node or replace the original mesh by another one, or add one  is ok

Aftyer all, this is what is done with the "fake pilot method".

It came to my mind when I realised that a lot of old cockpits are highly facetized according to today's standards, and "rounding" them would be a great imporvement.

The difference in the ini/fakepilot method is that the original LOD is not altered and is not redistributed in any way. Your proposal is exactly that.

No.

What mue has done here is fantastic as it is. If he wants to do more development that's great, but there have to be limits.

FC

• Like 1