It`s similar to 3D max ... oh wait .. pls dont tell me you never turned your models  :tease:

First time using this...normally I just use MAX :crazy:

• Like 1

Looks great so far    :hi:

LOD viewer is THE tool to make skins and to study models

iirc, hold down the ALT key, and drag with the moose

:lmao:

goes along with my big mouth!!

• Like 1

Ok, version 0.2 is ready.

Whats new?

- Lod files can be opened via opening ini files

- Needed files (textures, lods) are read from cat files (patch level jul2013). Enable this feature in Extras->Settings. You must also set the SF2 installation directoy path.

- 3D coordinates are shown

- Display and export of uv maps

- Improved texture file lookup

- Filename can be passed as commandline argument

The update zip file: attachicon.gifLODViewerUpdateV0.2.zip

Copy the content of this zip file (LODViewer.exe and readme.txt) into the LODViewer directory of the previous version 0.1 (overwrite the two old files).

Version 0.1 can be downloaded here: http://combatace.com/topic/85079-lod-viewer/?do=findComment&comment=684342

Have fun!

Hello Sir, I would like to download the viewer, but I did not find the link for the first release, in the first post or other post in this thread.

Can you please send me a link for it?

Thanks

Regards Metal

Mue, I have some feature request for the LODViewer. No rush, just as you have time if they are possible.

1. Increase the precision of the zoom function or add more zoom levels. (Sometimes I can't get as close to a surface as I need to without the camera position jumping past it.)
  2. Add an option to lock/unlock each axis of rotation and translation individually. (There are times that I need to keep the model in a precise orientation while moving my center of view.)  
  3. Add an option to switch a mesh to a wireframe mode or adjust its opacity. (Positioning hit boxes inside an air-frame would be easier if the mesh could be visible without it obscuring the bounding or hit boxs.)
  4. Add an option to switch between Perspective and Orthographic views of the LOD. (It would help with precisely finding coordinates.)
  5. Add the ability to directly highlight and copy any of the Bounding Box coordinates for any node in the upper left list. (Like above it would help with coordinates without having to jump between the viewer and the exported list or manually typing them.)
  6. Add the ability to load objects from the Pilots and Weapons folder onto the positions specified in the Data.INI. (This would allow one to see how different Pilots, Seats, False Pilot Method objects, and Weapons look on the model.)     
  7. Add the ability to reload the Data.INI file of the open object without having to shutdown and restart the program. (This would be helpful when adjusting the size and position of hit boxs and if number 6 were added Weapon Station & Missile alignments.)
Edited by KJakker
  • Like 2

1. Add the ability to load objects from the Pilots and Weapons folder onto the positions specified in the Data.INI. (This would allow one to see how different Pilots, Seats, False Pilot Method objects, and Weapons look on the model.)     

That would be a good feature...

Just a repeat 'Thank You'.

It has become an essential and often used tool even for a ham-fisted amateur like me.

• Like 1

And if i am not abusing of the kindness, how feasible could it be to enable joystick imput?

I can't ever get this tool to work on my laptop...what am I doing wrong? 

post-13298-0-05032200-1442116853_thumb.jpg

Mue, I have some feature request for the LODViewer. No rush, just as you have time if they are possible.

1. Increase the precision of the zoom function or add more zoom levels. (Sometimes I can't get as close to a surface as I need to without the camera position jumping past it.)
  2. Add an option to lock/unlock each axis of rotation and translation individually. (There are times that I need to keep the model in a precise orientation while moving my center of view.)  
  3. Add an option to switch a mesh to a wireframe mode or adjust its opacity. (Positioning hit boxes inside an air-frame would be easier if the mesh could be visible without it obscuring the bounding or hit boxs.)
  4. Add an option to switch between Perspective and Orthographic views of the LOD. (It would help with precisely finding coordinates.)
  5. Add the ability to directly highlight and copy any of the Bounding Box coordinates for any node in the upper left list. (Like above it would help with coordinates without having to jump between the viewer and the exported list or manually typing them.)
  6. Add the ability to load objects from the Pilots and Weapons folder onto the positions specified in the Data.INI. (This would allow one to see how different Pilots, Seats, False Pilot Method objects, and Weapons look on the model.)     
  7. Add the ability to reload the Data.INI file of the open object without having to shutdown and restart the program. (This would be helpful when adjusting the size and position of hit boxs and if number 6 were added Weapon Station & Missile alignments.)

...and to show the decals for a better location. :good:

... and maybe to show bump & specular maps ...

It seems, my todo list is getting longer and longer... :ohmy:

And if i am not abusing of the kindness, how feasible could it be to enable joystick imput?

Currently I don't plan to implement joystick input. But I'm curious: What should the joystick input do exactly?

I can't ever get this tool to work on my laptop...what am I doing wrong? 

attachicon.gifLODVIEWER_ERROR.jpg

What are your system specs? Does it happen with all lod files? Is your graphic card driver up to date?

• Like 1

For the lod viewer to let us move ailerons and rudders to check for errors, mue, you have made THE tool for CAcers man, thanks for all your support!

I wouldnt implement joystick stuff .. other wise you can do a SF3 mue :-)

Just keep it as a LOD viewer, I like your tool and the idea... about the movement with the stick .. you can check it ingame

• Like 1

Help! I've accidentally deleted this wonderful tool (don't ask) but cannot find the original Version 0.1

Later Versions do not work and give the following error message;

error_zpsumfdcra8.jpg

Here, the whole folder with the latest version, toss it into your Program Files (x86) folder and pin the .exe to the start folder, hope it helps.

Here, the whole folder with the latest version, toss it into your Program Files (x86) folder and pin the .exe to the start folder, hope it helps.

really? I just put mine in the /SavedGames/ThirdWire folder and it works ok for me