Geary, are you really sure it's off - and not just the notifications/settings turned off?  Did you disable it using the security policy editor and ensure it's actually disabled?  Also, try to move the program to the root, like C: drive and try to manually register the .dlls using regsvr/regsvr32.

Thanks for the input gents but I've got it fixed.

The event log identified a Nvidia .dll as the culprit.

It seemed to be missing from the folder it was being called out of.

I placed the .dll in the folder, rebooted and viola, Bob's your aunt. ( He used to be your uncle but since the sex change operation she prefers to go by Roberta.)  The times, they are a-changing. 

• Like 4

Hi Mue,

Back again for the reload shortcut key, both for the skin as well as the ini.  Doing min max boxes and would be cool to be able to select a key and the current ini selected reloads in the tool.

Is there a way to copy the position data to copy?  Again just easier to select info for min max boxes.

30 minutes ago, 10107 said:

Hi Mue,

Back again for the reload shortcut key, both for the skin as well as the ini.  Doing min max boxes and would be cool to be able to select a key and the current ini selected reloads in the tool.

Is there a way to copy the position data to copy?  Again just easier to select info for min max boxes.

If you want the Mix/Max position data of a specific mesh just highlight it in the upper left box and then with the mouse cursor over the selected coordinates his Ctrl+C, then past it with Ctrl+V. Any point you have the mouse on in the view window with visible mesh under it can be save in the same way. Also if you want you can use the "Write Info File..." function in the File menu to get all min/max data for the entire LOD.

OK, didn't think of just trying the Cntrl + C.  Works, thanks.

i cant seem to get the 3D view to rotate

i have the mouse clicked but the thing wont move at all

EDIT: ...nevermind i got it working you have to press ALT GR first

Edited by Tony_Spike

Is there a way to flip views like from right to left, top to bottom and rear to front?

dosen't the ALT key allow rotation in all directions?

Yeah but for some reason mine didn't start working until held the right one (alt gr)

Odd

On 1/17/2015 at 10:10 PM, RAVEN said:

I thinks this is getting off track! Mue you made a very nice and much needed lod viewer. I'm content to use it as intended, to view lod's only.

Thank you for making it.

Me as well Mue, I love your tool and it has been a great help for me.

top left tool bar are left right top and bottom snap views...box frames with grey ends owhich denote direction of view..been there since day 1 ?

Hi Mue,

Is it possible to add a function that allows node name in a lod file to be renamed? 

Many old mods have repeated node names within a model which stops modders to add new functions. if a node name can be changed in the model, it will add many possibilities to the modding community.

9 minutes ago, orsin said:

Hi Mue,

Is it possible to add a function that allows node name in a lod file to be renamed? 

Many old mods have repeated node names within a model which stops modders to add new functions. if a node name can be changed in the model, it will add many possibilities to the modding community.

That is simple to do with a hex editor. Just make sure you do not change file size. And be sure to back up the file first.

27 minutes ago, KJakker said:

That is simple to do with a hex editor. Just make sure you do not change file size. And be sure to back up the file first.

I opened the lod file in HEX editor and cannot find any meaningful letters that refer to the node name. Is there a particular encoding that I should be using?

Use the LODViewer to find the node name. Then search with the hex editor to find the node name and change it. 

21 hours ago, amariani said:

Is there a way to turn off shadows?

That aren't shadows. The "darkening" is caused by (diffuse) lighting: The more a part of the object faces the light source (in the LODViewer the light is at eye position) the brighter is becomes, and vice versa.
The LODViewer GUI hasn't an option to enable/disable lighting (yet). But as a workaround you can adapt the fragment shader diff_decal.frag in the LODViewer's shaders directory to decrease or disable the diffuse lighting.
The attached shader completely disables the diffuse lighting. HTH.

diff_decal.frag

• Like 1

Is it possible to show the LOD of stock planes or groundobjects?

57 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Is it possible to show the LOD of stock planes or groundobjects?

Yes, it is. I had difficulty with this at first and I seem to recall it was something about where I saved it or where I asked it to point to.

• Like 1

never had a problem with ground objects... just click the ini.

pilots, the work as long as the ini and lod are present in their folder...

weapons, they work most of the time; however you may need to click on the LOD itself for it to show (like in the AGM28 below)

lod-hound-dog.jpg

lod-korusn-pilot.jpg

log-btr152.jpg

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Wrench said:

never had a problem with ground objects... just click the ini.

Thanks. Now it works. My fault was, that i clicked on the LOD files only and with stock objects we have no access to the LOD.

• Like 1

Wrench , I meant to show the weapons and pilots when looking the aircraft in LODViewer, just like in game. This will make much more simple to adjust and select the correct load.:ok:

• Like 1

Wilches: Indeed!!! I'd LOVE to have that feature!!! Dialing in the cockpit positions for the crew is tiresome!! (at best)!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gepard said:

with stock objects we have no access to the LOD.

im pretty sure amongst the old heads, some of us have the old catpacks laying around....