Sign in to follow this  
1977Frenchie

Confusion in the task force...

I saw a lot of funny/weird things in SF2, but i encounter this one for the first time last night.

I was coming back to my aircraft carrier with fuel enough to land (yes, i screwed on fuel management thanks two a for ship formation of vietnamese Fresco's :))

Everything was fine until final approach, 3 miles for the carrier when i saw that ''something'' was in the way between me and my carrier...

See for yourself!

Result, wave-off and ended by ejection after having no more fuel...

Thanks skipper!

hhahaha

bah.....

Could it be the 2 carrier groups spawned/merged into the same place? or is it another final countdown spinoff...

and you could've just pressed "Esc" without the "shift":p

Edited by Do335
  • Like 1

Nice one Do335!

I guess this is a risk when 4 carriers are operating in the same area :)

Taken from my current campaign (Rolling Thunder , 4 carrier operating in the same ''zone'')...

I love when these kind of things happens...

Yeah Do, i could have done that, but i like to stick to ''reality''... Pressing escape would for sure make sure i finished the mission, but not loosing the aircraft... By ejecting, i finished the mission anyway AND lost the bird :)

• Like 1

If you really want to enforce full realism then you need to sink both carriers first thing on your next mission.

Yeah Do, i could have done that, but i like to stick to ''reality''... Pressing escape would for sure make sure i finished the mission, but not loosing the aircraft... By ejecting, i finished the mission anyway AND lost the bird :)

right! i didn't realize by ejecting over friendly territory, the pilot survives and the mission is success. im digging it.icon_cool_zps08e038c5.gif

i really need to have a better awareness of fuel consumption... not only how much is needed for RTB but also pound per hour.

Edited by Do335

Its NOT funny.

Something like this actually happened and blew my mind when I read about it.  USN sailed a carrier task force through an RN carrier force during the Suez War.

Suez Crisis, 1956
By Tom Cooper

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_256.shtml

:

:

:

The Strike against Luxor

:

....In the middle of this activity, the USN’s Coral Sea carrier battle group sailed though the center of the Royal Navy Task Force launching own aircraft! As in a miracle, there were no collisions – neither between the ships, nor between the aircraft....

:

:

~