Can anybody tell me why some planes are missing in the game..? All the files (objects, sounds ect) are on the right place.

-Tommy

What SF2 titles do you have and which aircraft do you think you are missing?

I don't think the Viggen is included in any of the SF series. An SF1 add-on used to be available from the Skunkworks site. Too bad because it is cool, mean looking aircraft.

My question is related but different. I have aircraft listed in Objects folder that do not appear in the game. SF2, SF2E, SF2I, SF2V, and merged.

I have what I believe to be the correct folders; Flight, Menu, Object w/sub folders, nations.ini and valid years.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Well some of the planes are AI only so since they do not have a pit by default, they do not show up for the user to fly. Can you give me an example of what planes you see but cannot fly?

SF2E standalone, AH64, A10C,B1B_03,CF104_72 and 76, F15E_04.

SF2V, F104G, MIG21 PFM 

Thanks for your response

Check each of those folders and see if you do not have a folder inside another folder.

I have ALL the SF2 games.. SF2,SFV,SFI, SF2NA ect ect    In SF2V (Vietnam Ext.pack) many planes are missing.. My problem is the same as OTTO`s problem.. The plane-folder are there.. but the planes are not in the game? And its not AI planes.

MAYDAY!! 

-Tommy.

Dave: MIG-21SM i have in the files.. but the plane is not in the game. I added MIG-15A.. the files are there.. not the plane (?)

-Tommy

Try this, open the missing aircraft's folder and look at its main INI file. Under [AircraftData] is it missing "CockpitDataFile=" entry missing?  

add on (third party) planes that do NOT show up in the selection drop down are usually caused by

improper/incorrect installation

flying outside they're operational year ranges

all the other aircraft listed by both the posters (CF-104s, MiG-21SM, etc) are NOT player flyable aircraft. By default, NO "Red Side" aircraft are player flyable. OTH, for some reason, neither are the Starfighers (a very long story, and not relevant here).

one way to cross check "player flyability", is to simply open the main ini of one of the non-flyables (example: MiG-21MF.ini) and compare that to the main ini of one of the flyables (example: F-4E_.ini)

The differences are QUITE obvious!

So, no, the aircraft aren't really missing, just not (by default!) not Player Usable ™.

I have ALL the SF2 games.. SF2,SFV,SFI, SF2NA ect ect    In SF2V (Vietnam Ext.pack) many planes are missing.. My problem is the same as OTTO`s problem.. The plane-folder are there.. but the planes are not in the game? And its not AI planes.

MAYDAY!! 

-Tommy.

Dave: MIG-21SM i have in the files.. but the plane is not in the game. I added MIG-15A.. the files are there.. not the plane (?)

-Tommy

Read Wrench's post above. They are not flyable by default, you need to add a pit to them.