Sign in to follow this  
saisran

Auto Pitching on Logitech Xtreme 3d Pro

Finally able to walk so im gonna take that trip assignment tomorrow and before i go i decided to play some quick missions. Started up a new campaign in the black seas, i rolled down the runway for a take off. nose up gently and retracted the wheels and flaps but the aircraft continues pitching up pushed forward on the stick and to level the nose and as soon as i let go it pitched up. I thought i got a bug on the tomcats data so i went ahead and re installed them. However the problem didn't go away. Then i thought that it might be my controller. so i unplugged the stick and flew with the keyboard. And bingo! the tomcat flew straight and true. 

Did anyone had any like experience and have tips on how to fix this? Thanks!

I just spent the last days picking one apart for a project of mine. If you disconnect it and reconnect it and going to the properties in Windows. Is the joystick cross moving or centered? Or stuck in the upper edge of the calibration screen?

Worn pots, had that issue with my ancient Genius stick, you can fix it, at least temporary, with increasing the dead zone in controller options...

Worn pots

if the stick is indeed on pots reckon i agree. they are a pita...

mostly wish there's an easy way to clean them, a few yrs ago i tried cleaning the pot on the cougar and failed miserably:(

(later went thru ordering via email, and shipping turned out another disaster. oy..)

Edited by Do335

It's really worth to buy a more expensive joystick. I've learned that the hard way, had two Logitech Xtreme 3d and both went bananas after a year or so (very often roll decided not to work). Then I bought second hand Saitek x52 pro and it works like the first day for 3 years now... It's a bit expensive in the start but it pays of at the long run, and the experience is better (separate throttle, more buttons, etc)

Saitek is very solid, I had CyborgEVO for years and that was during my il-2 online period too and it was not the pots that were worn but plastic and other parts, then I got the cheap ST290...I think about 6 or 5 years ago...still works as in the first year...

For a long time I used the logitech xtreme 3d. They were excellent right out of the box, but after a while they would start driftying. Long story short, I went through 3 of them before decididng enough is enough and bought a CH HOTAS set up. For what you get for the price, its excellent. Only gripe is that there is very little resistance to the flight stick.

Just got back to civilization and i'm very sorry for the delayed reply.

Well... Good News. When i opened up my System earlier it asked me to do an update. Once done. Following centurion's tip i opened the properties and saw the joy stick cross hair dead center i unplugged it and plugged again and it was still in the center. So i fired up the game and to my delight the problem went away. :) 

But still i think it's time for me to think about saving up for a better set up. Thanks guys!

Not to change the subject, but I had a Saitek X-36 HOTAS USB that lasted through 9 years of heavy use.  The stick was worn out towards the end of its life, but I did not notice it until I replaced it with a HOTAS Cougar, that I've been using since then (about 6 years, now).