Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Not sure if anyone's seen this.

Pretty good for a video game.  Great depiction (for the most part) of the role both seats play in the F/A-18F.

Edited by Dillon

While it looks cool, many aspects of it strike me as being a bit too arcadish for my taste.

CoD Black Op's has a SR-71 scene that is pretty cool too-not to mention the Mi-24 scene in...Vietnam...wait-a-minute-that isn't right either

While it looks cool, many aspects of it strike me as being a bit too arcadish for my taste.

I agree but can you imagine a dedicated Super Hornet Sim with some of these features. You could either fly front seat or back seat totally with one or the other jobs fully simulated. I was surprised in this day and age they bothered to do the research they did on the Super Hornet. This type of game didn't require any of this. Kids would have been fine flying outside behind the plane like most other titles for the Xbox or PS4.

Edited by Dillon

Nvm, reading back might convey the wrong msg, always hate those kinds myself.

Edited by Do335

Nvm, reading back might convey the wrong msg, always hate those kinds myself.

No problem.  I already have Jane's F/A-18 (the original box as well).  Haven't tried it under W7.  I don't remember the back seat being simulated when I used the sim so many years ago.  Never really got into it for some reason.  

worth watching but....unlimited aim 9`s  didnt he get at least 9 kills a2a ?..lol

CoD Black Op's has a SR-71 scene that is pretty cool too-not to mention the Mi-24 scene in...Vietnam...wait-a-minute-that isn't right either

Yeah, Mi-24s in Vietnam... I wonder why game developers can't take a look at Wikipedia in regards to historical accuracy for armaments of every kind. Anyway, that BF3 mission is nice but arcadish. You have the feeling of being inside a fighter jet plane, but unlimited ammo is Ace Combat style (btw good old Playstation 2 era Ace Combat rocks, if you play it as a game, not as a simulator of course).

worth watching but....unlimited aim 9`s didnt he get at least 9 kills a2a ?..lol

Those Flanker's were way too close in the fight as well, like a WWII dogfight. Overall great approach to what a dedicated hardcore Super Hornet Sim could look like. An updated Falcon 4 level Sim if you know what I mean. Sadly the fighter market isn't there for a Sim like that or should I say this is what we're lead to believe.

Edited by Dillon

That sequence is one of the most spectacular rail-shooting things I've ever played.  I would LOVE to have a decent game (even arcade) with those kinds of visuals.

I have HAWX 2 and still fire it up every now and then, just for the graphics.

Give me HAWX 2 graphics in the Strike Fighters engine and I wouldn't play anything else.

Those Flanker's were way too close in the fight as well, like a WWII dogfight. Overall great approach to what a dedicated hardcore Super Hornet Sim could look like. An updated Falcon 4 level Sim if you know what I mean. Sadly the fighter market isn't there for a Sim like that or should I say this is what we're lead to believe.

Coretex is doing the E for DCS, and the VRS Super Bug isn't "combat" or as high fidelity as any real combat sim, but overall its going to be done... sometime (DCS F/A-18E).

Edited by EricJ

Coretex is doing the E for DCS, and the VRS Super Bug isn't "combat" or as high fidelity as any real combat sim, but overall its going to be done... sometime (DCS F/A-18E).

VRS's Super Bug has been out for years,  one was for FS9 and the other is for FSX.  You're very right that nothing done for Flight Simulator compares to the fidelity of versions done for real combat sims.  I never bothered buying a combat aircraft for a civil sim because it didn't make since.

Well whenever Coretex gets the Super released I'll get it for sure, but hands down I do like DCS over SF2, but given the lack of attention I've let it fall by the wayside since it's only fun for DACTs.  I haven't touched it as much lately (Arma 3 has my focus, along with DCS again, had too much going on to focus on two at once) or thought about it, but it's still installed.