Sign in to follow this  
Flipper35

Targets in dogfight

In multiplayer, you have two options:

Dogfight, which is strictly for arena style fighter vs fighter combat.

Co-op, which allows one side of up to 8 aircraft to attack the other side of up to 8 aircraft.

Co-op should have limited air defenses, but things were intentionally kept light to ensure good frame rates despite any lag called by the DirectPlay multiplayer interface.

Co-op can be fun, but there is no respawning, so dogfight is better for long term gameplay.

For instance, if you have 4 people flying together against AI in co-op, and one guy gets shot down right away, he can't do anything until that mission is complete.

Dogfight is far more flexible with its unlimited spawning, but it turns the game into a "Quake Fest".

Ultimately, the limitations of SFP1/WoX multiplayer ensured that there would never be a large group of people interested in playing it over the long term.

I spent a few years supporting it, but never met more than a handful of people that actually tried SFP1/WoX multiplayer.

Only a few of those played regularly for any length of time.

We fly it often in a LAN setting and thought adding anti air to the dogfight session would liven things up and keep people corralled in a bit.  We do both coop and dogfight every 4-6 weeks.  Plus some battlefield as well.  Good times.

So, is there a way to add anti air?  I know Major Lee had worked on an air race map that he was adding it to but never saw a finished product to look at.

In all the years I flew SFP1/WoX series, many if not most of them hosting online, I never saw anyone figure out how to mod either dogfight or co-op.

HOLA ME LLAMO CARLOS SOY DE ARGENTINA ESTOY CON UN PROBLEMA EN SFP1 "BOMBAS EN MULTIJUGADOR" 

TENGO EL JUEGO SFP1 ACTUALIZADO, PARCHE OCT2008 LE AGREGUE EL MOD MALVINAS ANDA GENIAL TODO,

EL TEMA ES QUE JUEGO CON AMIGOS,  Y EN  MULTIJUGADOR TENEMOS EN ALGUNOS AVIONES MISILES POR EJEMPLO EL (A4-C CASA) PERO NO SE PUEDEN COLOCAR BOMBAS MODIFICANDO EL (LOADOUT.INI) DEL AVION 

TENGO OTRO MOD DE UN ESCUADRON AMIGO QUE SI SE PUEDE.

ESPERO ME  PUEDAN AYUDAR SALUDOS.

---------------------------------------------------------

HELLO MY NAME IS CARLOS DE ARGENTINA I AM I AM WITH A PROBLEM IN SFP1 "PUMPS IN MULTIPLAYER"
I HAVE THE GAME UPDATED SFP1, OCT2008 PATCH MOD LE Add FALKLAND ANDA great all,
The issue is that GAME WITH FRIENDS AND HAVE SOME MULTIPLAYER FOR EXAMPLE THE AIRCRAFT MISSILES (A4-C CASA) BUT NOT BE CHANGING THE place bombs (LOADOUT.INI) AIRCRAFT
I HAVE OTHER MOD squad FRIEND IF YOU CAN.
HOPE CAN HELP ME GREETINGS.
Edited by f3lixalva