ricnunes

Creating a new campaign with a diferent frontline start position?

Currently I'm creating a new campaign based on the Desert (Fictional) scenario and campaigns but in the campaign that I'm building I want that the frontline's starting position to be located considerably to the north (well within Dhimar's territory) compared to the starting position of the frontline in the stock/default campaigns but I can't seem to find where or how can I do this.

Could someone help me on this regard? 

Thanks in advance for any replies.

The front line entries are the last entries in the individual campaign data.ini.

Sorry. A recheck shows I was looking at a modded campaign. If no one else answers, I'll double check other inis.

Edited by Heck

i'm sure it's directly related to [FrontLine] section in these 2 files:

terrain_movement.ini

campaign_data.ini

this one is possible and worth checking:

placement of groundunit in campaign_data.ini (if you placed an enemy groundunit on a friendly target area, what happens after you've flown the 1st campaign mission)

Edited by Do335

ALCON,

I can confirm that adjusting the terrain_movement.ini "can move the boundary between the opposing forces".

First of all, thanks everyone for the replies.

i'm sure it's directly related to [FrontLine] section in these 2 files:

terrain_movement.ini

campaign_data.ini

this one is possible and worth checking:

placement of groundunit in campaign_data.ini (if you placed an enemy groundunit on a friendly target area, what happens after you've flown the 1st campaign mission)

Actually one of the things that I tried was to place enemy units in positions within the friendly side of the frontline in hope to see the frontline starting in a different position but unfortunately without success! In this case what happens is that those enemy units (placed in the friendly side of the frontline) simply won't spawn on the map (and the frontline starts in the same place as it starts on default campaigns).

If someone could help me on this regards, I would appreciate.

ricnunes, hmmm... did you try the [frontline] section in terrain_movement.ini first? I think that one has overriding priority on deciding the frontline position first & foremost.

Edited by Do335

yes, the 'red line' boundry is control by the terrain's movements ini

for example:

[FrontLine]
FriendlyBase=Pusan
EnemyBase=Pyongyang
Position[001]=409594,416637
Position[002]=289931,402561
Position[003]=168160,356103
Position[004]=101212,501092
Position[005]=121771,534978
Position[006]=251449,615262
Position[007]=453347,707536
Position[008]=562467,712228
Position[009]=571955,679385
Position[010]=445440,520902
Position[011]=409594,416637
StartShow=1
EndShow=12

Yes, that's it! Thanks for the reply Wrench! :biggrin:

However it was a bit of a "pain in the ass" to figure out the right coordinates, I had to look at the Strategical Nodes in the 'Campaign_data.ini' file and imagine in my mind a set of coordinates that would pass near the desired places (in relation to existing Strategical Nodes) so that the frontline is draw near the desired place. So my first question here, is there any other alternative and easier way to figure out the right coordinates for a certain point on the map?

I also have an another question:

In my campaign I set 4 Positions for my frontline and I notice that your example uses 11 Positions. So is there any problem about having 4 positions only or should I have more for my frontline?

is there any other alternative and easier way to figure out the right coordinates for a certain point on the map?

<cough> Gerwins TFD Tool <cough>