Typhoon

Where is everyone?

Boy is this place dead or what?  :skull:  No new posts for six days. I hope it is because people can't tear themselves away from WOFF 2.04 :gamer: to check this place out.

Tony

Hello Typhoon, how are you now?

I still check in here nearly everyday, but the focus of attention has shifted to SimHQ rather.

Hey, Tony, great to see you!

Yeah, dead here - as Creaghorn said: most people write at SimHQ.

Is there anyone in support of keeping these forums and files here?

Is there anyone in support of keeping these forums and files here?

Sure - but perhaps not many these days.  I check in often, don't post much because there's not much to say, but I still check in.  I couldn't say whether keeping this particular section(s) open is worth whatever effort is involved, but there's not much arguing that not many people post here.

I enjoy reading from the few that still start threads here, and will contribute if I've something to say.  But my primary interest has always been technical, and that "other site" has shown over and over that genuine objectivity is unwelcome.  Too many websites these days where if you don't agree with certain people you're not welcome.  Not really a "forum" when open dialogue is not welcome.

I've often thought about starting threads for some of the more technical subjects that interest me (and seemingly others; in the past, anyway).  But, since it looks as though few are here to actually read said threads, wouldn't seem to make much sense to post - and joining the other site, for me personally, "ain't gonna happen".

But, to strictly answer your question, "Yes".

Truly, it's sad to see what has become of this site. I had hoped that the old guard would still hang around for the collegiate fellowship that seemed to prevail. For a while I resisted the Sirens call of SimHQ. I tried posting every snippet of WWI lore I ran across (to wit: WWI in 40 Maps) but, for the most part, things just fell flat. Not only have our history buffs wandered into the fog, but nobody seems to be flying WOFF either.

Of the few that still check in, I see a lot of "I visit almost every day.", and, checking the 'Friends On-line" I see many times that old friends are looking in at the same time I am. But...if you don't engage in discussions, the Forum becomes an empty shell.

So...as Erik asks, "Is there anyone in support of keeping these forums and files here?", I'd say that it would indeed be sad to see this site go away, but there is little use in keeping it on life support.

Why did OBD guys move over to Simhq, a website that is prone to slow downs and "no connection message" problems. 

Edited by Dutch_P47M

Thanks for your input. I'll make the appropriate adjustments. Cheers!