Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

HoloLens for Jet Combat would be amazing (New Development by Microsoft)

This technology would be amazing for jet combat simulation.  Imagine sitting in a virtual cockpit holographically spread around you that you could interact with:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/21/technology/innovationnation/microsoft-windows-holographic/index.html

This could turn the gaming industry on it's head in a few years let alone simulations.

agree would be nice, but the price would be too high

agree would be nice, but the price would be too high

Initially...  Like all things over time the price goes down.  Remember how much VCR's once cost.

Cool - will be interesting to see the initial reviews

At the onset there's nothing much to expect.  It's what can happen in the next few years that's exciting.  I remember sitting in a Super Hornet simulator in NAS Lemoore and seeing how something like this could work.  Just like GPS and the internet, it all came together for me at NAS Lemoore before it got out into the real world back in 94.  Helmet mounted tracking is nothing new but when you put it together with a simulation it's amazing.  The Super Hornet wasn't even at the base yet and they were training on the technology.  No it wasn't this exactly but in my mind what Microsoft is producing is what I envisioned years ago from the head tracking system.  Not saying this is exactly the same thing but to sit in a chair at your home and have your cockpit displayed around you interactively is amazing.  This will take a few years for developers to actually fully get their heads around so today is just the start.  It's great to see something like this finally getting some kind of footing for practical use for the average user.  It's like the first time I put on night vision goggles in the military.  Now I can buy them for my son (not the same quality but night vision goggles just the same).

Edited by Dillon