Sign in to follow this  
DEVIL11

Changing helicopter sounds and blade gets stuck

I have the Ah-1G/Q helicopter and I didn't like the helie sound. soo what I did was I went to the engine line in the dataini and changed the system type jet engine to AH-1G. Then I started the game selected the helicopter and for some reason the blades stay in one spot but the sound works. I had looked in the knowledge base and did not find how to do it.

Devil 11,

Open the AH-1_data.ini and scroll down to the engine line.

Check the prop diameter. You may have to make is smaller to get the rotors to spin again.

I have changed the prop diameter and nothing.also the prop_engine sound still can be heared until I select a target to view it then go back then the AH-1G sound goes on don't know what I'm doing wrong

Devill 11,

Go back into the AH-1_data.ini and change the system type back to jet engine.

Also reset your prop diameter to its original setting.

Find the below entry in the AH-1_data.ini

[sound]
EngineSoundName=AH-1G        <-------------  Change this to the new sound file you want. Make sure that new sound file is in the SOUNDS folder
AfterburnerSoundName=
DamagedEngineSound=
FlapsSoundName=1
AirbrakesSoundName=1
GearsSound=1

Edited by krfrge

I did put the sound in the sounds folder and every this is set back.the sound is the AH-1G like u have it there. The sound I'm trying is from the AH-1G/Q sounds and effects download as I put everything in the right folder.

The reason about the engine not working is right here:

soo what I did was I went to the engine line in the dataini and changed the system type jet engine to AH-1G

To hear a different sound you only need to change the "EngineSoundName=" in the [sound] section as said by krfrge. The type of engine SystemType=JET_ENGINE or SystemType=PROP_ENGINE in the [Engine] section, define the kind of engine used and to my knowledge the only ones recognised by the game.