Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Virtual flat tire after landing on the carrier

Just wondering if anyone knows a way to beef up the landing gear on a jet.  My Blk F/A-18E upon landing on the carrier likes to crunch down to the right when taxing off the runway like it has a flat tire.  Landing is fine but soon as I turn the aircraft to head off the runway and park, it leans in the direction of the turn and never rightens itself back up like the main landing gear has a flat tire on that side.  Other aircraft don't have this problem so I'm thinking there's a setting somewhere that needs to be modified.  Thanks in advance as always.

Edited by Dillon

that's one of 2 things:

landing gear rolling radius

or

"height" of the carrier's deck mesh.

neither one is truly worth messing around with. Adjusting either or both will cause other visual "oddities" elsewhere.

neither one is truly worth messing around with. Adjusting either or both will cause other visual "oddities" elsewhere.

Thanks.

Given that I land "like an air force pilot" (said by a guy from India no less) I've never had that issue with any of them.  May be something but I never noticed any wheel bend, but... in fairness I rarely taxi and just escape.  I'll do a trap and see if I can't see it on my end.

Man it's been a long time.... trapped with the E model and... I don't think it's a defect, more or less you coming in maybe hard or something?  Other than that looks fairly normal to me and sorry for the delay got caught up in other stuff.

post-5735-0-87463400-1423962981_thumb.jpg

Edited by EricJ

Just a thought Dillon, have you tried landing the same jet on a runway? If it still leans, than I would start looking at the Gear data in the .ini and look for a Typo.

its a carrier mesh issue is what it is.

Man it's been a long time.... trapped with the E model and... I don't think it's a defect, more or less you coming in maybe hard or something?  Other than that looks fairly normal to me and sorry for the delay got caught up in other stuff.

Eric if I land and do nothing else it's fine.  The problem happens when I turn off the runway and try to park.

Eric if I land and do nothing else it's fine.  The problem happens when I turn off the runway and try to park.

Sounds like a deck mesh issue.

Yeah like Stick and Fubar512 said it's not so much a jet issue but a deck issue.  Land on a normal runway  and taxi you'll see that the jet doesn't "lean" as you say.  Decks are a hit and miss as far as collision LODs and such so that's going to happen like they say.

Edited by EricJ

Yeah like Stick and Fubar512 said it's not so much a jet issue but a deck issue.  Land on a normal runway  and taxi you'll see that the jet doesn't "lean" as you say.  Decks are a hit and miss as far as collision LODs and such so that's going to happen like they say.

Glad none of my other jets do this.  Thanks for the help.  :smile:

Yeah I've noticed the Super can sometimes be a bit more finicky with certain decks so unfortunately that's just beyond my control.