G'Day all,

I just upgraded to 3ds max 2009 so that I could use the Dec 2010 Thirdwire Object Exporter and I am having problems.

I get this error message when max loads up:

3ds max 2009\plugins\twObjectExporter Dec2010-C.dlu> failed to intialize.

error code 126 - specific module could not be found.

The Feb 2010 exporter works fine, it's just this one that doesn't.

My OS is Win 7 64-bit but I've installed Max 2009 as 32-bit because the Exporter readme said so. Google searches for other plugins have suggested installing DX9 but I don't think that's right. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Dels

I'm running win 7-64 and I had to install DX9 for another 32bit program to run on it. Don't know if will fix your error, but it fixed mine.

its a problem with the registration code , i had that 2 or 3 times , the only way is to make a new install of the 3ds max

especially if the old registration code from the 3ds max 2008 is still in the root directory , you have to delet everything that you find from 3ds max in the root directory

i took the easy way and made a back up copy of my PC and then formatted my HD and made a new windows installation  :heat:

Edited by ravenclaw_007

Easy... go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\applications data\Autodesk\Software Licenses and delete the file inside.

PS= if you dont see applications folder, means it's invisible by default.. u have to set all the folders as visible, and you will find the applications data..

then restart max and re register license

try service pack 1st then try reloading license

Edited by russouk2004

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. So far I have had no luck. The only thing left is to uninstall Max 7, re-install Max 9, or worst case full re-install.

As a side note, I tried installing it on my XP computer and it worked fine. So it must be something about my Win 7 computer.

Dels

Yeah maybe, but I hope uninstalling Max 7 will do the trick. Will try tonight...

Yes I do have the 32-bit version of Max 2009 installed.

I have installed the Feb2010 and Jun2010 directx runtimes.

I have re-installed visual basic C++ 2005.

I have tried uninstalling Max7 (including all the registry entries) and Max 2009 and then re-installed Max 2009 32-bit.

I have tried the atio6axx.dll fix.

I've used the Dependency Walker to load up the exporter and see what errors were present and then copied all the missing files into my windows/system32 directory.

After all this, the only thing I'm closer to is an insane asylum.  :crazy:

Are bump and specular maps really worth all this pain?

Edited by Dels

i use win7 64 bit and 3ds max 2009 32bit i have no problem by installing it or running it

as i mention above , i had the same error each time i installed the latest version of 3ds max on my old pc

the problem is that the registry code is saved in the root directory as long as you dont get every bit of it deleted you will have problems running the 3ds max 2009

i formatted my HD and made a clean windows instllation after that there was no problem with installing the 3ds max

delete the remaining autodesk product entries from the windows registry , problem is to find all of it and not to screw your pc

Edited by ravenclaw_007

Did you try older plugin just for try ?For max 2009 there are 3 ? Before i had similiar problem but recenty i just reinstal on fresh drive. Just don't remember which plugin I put into plugin folder.

Did you try older plugin just for try ?For max 2009 there are 3 ? Before i had similiar problem but recenty i just reinstal on fresh drive. Just don't remember which plugin I put into plugin folder.

Yes, I have tried the earlier exporters and they all work fine, it's just the DEC-2010 that won't work.

delete yours and drop this dec one in plugn folder and try

Thanks Russo, I gave it a try but still the same issue.

i use win7 64 bit and 3ds max 2009 32bit i have no problem by installing it or running it

as i mention above , i had the same error each time i installed the latest version of 3ds max on my old pc

the problem is that the registry code is saved in the root directory as long as you dont get every bit of it deleted you will have problems running the 3ds max 2009

i formatted my HD and made a clean windows instllation after that there was no problem with installing the 3ds max

delete the remaining autodesk product entries from the windows registry , problem is to find all of it and not to screw your pc

I think this may be the only way. It seems like a bit of a drastic thing to have to do though...

Dels

http://forum.3d-plugin.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=75

another thing....make sure that 9 doesnt go into same instal dir as 7 

Thanks again. That wasn't the issue as they were in different directories (C:\3dsmax7\ and C:\3ds Max 2009\ ). But I have since completely removed Max 7 with no change.

I just removed Max 9 and cleaned out the registry, then re-installed Max 9. Still no change.

The only thing I haven't done is a Win 7 re-install which I don't feel like at the moment.

Unless something else comes up I might just use my XP comp to do my exporting. That's much less painful than a re-install.

Here's a screenshot of the error:

post-2240-0-20144800-1423888788.jpg

Dels