I would back up your flight folder if you were a smart man. 

• Like 4

TY Dave!

for those willing to test -it's beta of course, lacks different clouds graphics for different weather states and few tricks I plan to experiment with, but otherwise working. Also as this has been a concern for many previously -the sky colours transitions are back at stock values

• Like 1

I was thrilled to see Stary posting again this morning. His absence would leave some pretty big shoes to fill!

• Like 3

Nah, still here! Just had a bit of hiatus from SF2 and modding, that's all

• Like 1

For some odd reason now,my screenshots go to flight folder   even tho optios point to mod folder....weird...cant find cause

do you have SweetFx installed by chance? I think Sweet Fx captures to Flight folder (in which it resists to work)

Very nice but can you reduce a effects during night the aircraft is tooo bright when is lights on also afterburner ! :)

might depend on the custom aircraft's afterburners as my mod has nothing to do with afterburner lights settings

stary...this is on sw us map...should I change height of cloud layer to fix this?

also on some white \ silver a\c its a bit dazzling...how can I lower the amount of hdr ?...please...thanks bud....love the sarcasm mod tho,dont get me wrong...great work

post-1981-0-00790000-1424823613_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-37266800-1424823625_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Hmm and I wish I could get the clouds down lower...

Stick Min and Max base altitudes seem to be locked since Expansion pack 2 or so which is a big immersion killer (clouds base at 3 to 4 kilometers? hmmm)

stary...this is on sw us map...should I change height of cloud layer to fix this?

also on some white \ silver a\c its a bit dazzling...how can I lower the amount of hdr ?...please...thanks bud....love the sarcasm mod tho,dont get me wrong...great work

hmm that IS interesting Russo -might have something to do with you heightmap?

as for now-locked clouds altitudes I noticed one odd thing -in several UNMODDED terrains like Vietnam the clouds stay at the more or less original atitude like these were since 2006 SFP1 introduction, BUT in any modded terrain, even if that is new data ini, or targetareas addition or tiles or treemod etc it "pushes" the clouds to the bloody 10-12 thousand feet

I spend ALOT of time trying to figure this out, so even made the clouds base altitude at near-zero level to test how clouds would behave to no luck so I forgot about this and left it as apparently it was doi ng nothing -now I see on this particular terrain it does work like used to.

Of course I assume you're on the latest patch not some earlier one, RIGHT Russo?

as for HDR and to be more specific DCS-style bloom (LOTS of folks were asking me to introduce this!) simply remove the twpostprocess.fx shader to have things back at normal -again I should remind you all this is BETA that was circulating among my friends for few months as a sort of testing- and thus is still "in development" so some occasional oddities might and WILL happen

also some might have already noticed I have my own preferred overall direction of SF2 visuals* I pursuit that might be not to everyone's  taste so there you have it :tongue:

*I try to make SF2 more look like Wings of Prey as far as general visual mood goes. Why like that? Because I can and it would fit the SF2 survey air combat theme well in my opinion

edit: typos -ohhh and wait till I introduce consolish noise all over the place :rofl: j/k

Edited by Stary

Yep, I can confirm it has something to do with the heightmap.  The terrain Russo showed is JSF_Aggie's Southern California.  To overcome that problem, JSF_Aggie included with the download a modded ENVIRONMENTSYSTEM.ini used specifically by that terrain, called SWUS_ENVSYS_STOCK.ini.  One just needs to make a copy of the one by Stary and mod the height values, then this modded copy has to be put inside the terrain and renamed accordingly.

Stary, many thanks for your incredible efforts to improve the game looks.  If only we could have SF2NA style reflective water shader... 

tried a bit of that too but no luck so far, I'm not a shaders guys sadly

Nice but too bright environment! Any idea how to decrease the brightness?

as stated previously -remove file TWPOSTPROCESS.FX from your Flight folder Tio

The height map / terrain elevation is correct for the SW US map, just the eastern half is just too far above sea level for the values that work well on most of the other terrains we have.

This is from back when I was working on the map:

http://combatace.com/topic/78559-question-about-cloud-height/?hl=%2Bcloud+%2Bheight

Thank you again, Stary

Edited by JSF_Aggie

The height map / terrain elevation is correct for the SW US map, just the eastern half is just too far above sea level for the values that work well on most of the other terrains we have.

JSF_Aggie, maybe I didn't explain what I meant well.  I've never said that your heightmap is wrong (instead, it is so great and accurate, everyone would agree), all I'm saying is that the clouds' altitude goes in conflict with terrains with high elevations, such as yours or Himalaya, as Wrench suggested in the thread you posted above.

no it's great JSF, it's just on your terran clouds for whatever reason bahave how these should -adjust the base altitude in regards to environmentsystem.ini entries, while on others are pushed up, a thing I want to change back to old days levels

reading you topic JSF, hmm. what patch level are you on?

Stary,

Jul 13 now, and was on May 13 when I made that old post about the clouds. 

I see the same behavior with both patches as far as the clouds going to the heights specified in the EnvironmentSystem file.  I've never tried to mess with this on other terrains, but if it only works with SW US, it's not anything I did on purpose to make it work.