Wow - I love the updated environmental effects Stary - really nicely done. Poked around a bit to see what's been up and combined with Mue's distance and shimmering fixes..things are looking better than ever!

SF2-043.jpg

SF2-044.jpg

BeachAV8R

• Like 5

excellent shots Beach! When you gid into the inis you realise how utterly limited our options are when it comes to the environment engine, so sadly some of the things I would like to have -like say old style cirrus layers- are hardly possible without either using sort of object usage "hacks" like Cellinsky mod or having really big chance of causing ugly graphical artifacts

I find the effect on desert terrain to be way too much bright... Any idea of tweaks?

996855img00027.jpg

hmmm try removing the postprocessshader named TWPOSTPROCESS.FX from your flight folder (either rename it to say xTWPOSTPROCESS.FX or move to some other place) and check how it looks

• Like 1

WOrks indeed, but I lost a great deal of the mod doing this. Is it not possible to tweak the file? 

Well done on the latest SARCASM mod Stary mate! I've been rebuilding my mod for the past two weeks or so and it makes a huge difference with no noticeable framerate penalties :flyer:

One question; which mod folder do I place contents of the Shader​s FlightData zip file into?

Stary, the new SARCASM is great, but I notice that it mess if the inside cockpit view. I can barely see the details in cockpit as they became very dark. Wich file control this?

Stary, the new SARCASM is great, but I notice that it mess if the inside cockpit view. I can barely see the details in cockpit as they became very dark. Wich file control this?

That's strange - I was getting very dark cockpits with almost unreadable panels until I installed the latest SARCASM mod!

I've got the same issue as Wilches. It depends on the weather, though. I guess it's an issue with light/shade. 

Sorry for the thread revival. I was going through my install tonight and wanted to tweak some of the settings from this awesome mod to remove a bit of the purple hue and go back to the more light blue sky color. I found most of the sky settings in the FLIGHT / ENVIRONMENTSYSTEM file and just went back to Stary's original 1.5 settings for things such as Ambient, Sky, Horizon, and Fog colors. This worked very well in returning most of the colors to a more subdued blue. Here is a before and after:

SKY-01.thumb.jpg.7c47ebe683009ee21ae35e4359577496.jpg

SKY-02.thumb.jpg.d36bf6425b5cd93106e877126d7e6ac6.jpg

My only problem is with BROKEN cloud settings there is a lingering purple hue to the some of the clouds..it looks like a specific type or layer - can anyone point me to the file I need to replace or alter? My assumption is that it is a cloud texture that can't be changed via the ENVIRONMENTSYSTEM.INI but rather is a TGA or something with specific color attributes. Any ideas?

SKY-03.thumb.jpg.7fc5afd1c54e6e732c90d5e7f51d035f.jpg

Regards,

BeachAV8R

Oh..I think I found it (actually them..I think HORIZONCLOUD31 to 38 are the culprits..! Maybe I can fix something by myself for once..! (Oh dear..there goes my entire SF install I'm sure..!)

SKY-04.thumb.JPG.38be5fbf52cd74a0699fd0e150eb6aae.JPG

Edited by beachav8r

Hmm..I tried like desaturating them..but I'm not very good at this and I end up with a pretty visible seam between the tiles...

SKY-05.thumb.jpg.fb0fd3dda7a3d609cf012498cfb0513e.jpg

Alrighty..I think I'm there. Desaturated the files 31-38 at the same level, then brightened them at the same level. So no purple..and still a good look to them I think. Hope you don't mind Stary..just going for a bit more of a gritty and subdued look...

F111-09.thumb.jpg.617ab81c8786941f5026751e812d0b4f.jpg

F111-08.thumb.jpg.ca19a4410389cf71f3f2bfd1e40bc393.jpg

• Like 1

I think it looks pretty good over Vietnam too..! Those clouds are just superb Stary.. And Green Hell looks awesome too. This sim has aged quite well...

F111-12.thumb.jpg.8b6a0f47aa366637ed92f748a0cd7f11.jpg

F111-15.thumb.jpg.8c06b751a731e81812b0132b693badb5.jpg

• Like 2

Pretty cool clouds! Good to see you back Beach!

Beach, any chance you might upload your variation for those less skilled? Thanks for the idea, anyway.

On 05/03/2018 at 3:15 PM, Sky High said:

Beach, any chance you might upload your variation for those less skilled? Thanks for the idea, anyway.

Want that too. Pretty cool!

This mod is really something else. Changed the game quite a lot and all to better. Good job mate! This really improves the game. Thanks a bunch!

On 2/23/2019 at 2:47 PM, Spellbound said:

Download?

X2, can't find it, the latest is 1.5

Marc..

I hope this question is the right one for here, which data line is the one that controls the amount of clouds and the size of these on a sprawling map?