tranquillo

It's been awhile

Hi people. Well, those that still come here.

After a few ups and downs I'm back to base but alas I cannot fly.

I'm still running OFF for the time being and will upgrade to WOFF after practicing a bit.

Unfortunately I'm getting error messages and it looks like a fresh install is required. The trouble is I can't remember how that's done. I know there are a few files that stay and have to be removed manually but....?

Can anyone with a good memory help an aged airman?

Tranquilo, not sure how useful this will be but I seem to have a copy of part of an email (presumably from the forum) regarding OFF uninstall.  It mentions a couple of folders you need to delete.  The location is given for the specific user so I don't know exactly how it would equate to your computer (may not even be the same operating system) but I'll quote it here in case it helps at all:

"Uninstall OFF;

2) Then go to Users/ "Owner" or in your case "woodmj" and under Documents delete the CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder;

3} Go to Users/woodmj/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/ and delete the CFSW1 Over Flanders Fields folder.

Reboot.

1) Re-install OFF, do not patch at this time;

2) Run CFS3config.exe to do initial config and then exit CFS3config. Don't make any changes to the CFS3config file at this time;

3) Run OFF from CFS3.exe. in OFF root folder;

4) When OFF starts, you should shortly be presented with a Successful Config box to check off;

5) If OFF starts properly, enlist and activate a pilot and then go to Quick Combat and do a short Free Flight;

6) Exit OFF and close program;

7) Install both patches and run OFF.

If you don't encounter any problems, go back into CFS3config and make all the changes you want."

Tranquilo, not sure how useful this will be but I seem to have a copy of part of an email (presumably from the forum) regarding OFF uninstall.  It mentions a couple of folders you need to delete.  The location is given for the specific user so I don't know exactly how it would equate to your computer (may not even be the same operating system) but I'll quote it here in case it helps at all:

"Uninstall OFF;

2) Then go to Users/ "Owner" or in your case "woodmj" and under Documents delete the CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder;

3} Go to Users/woodmj/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/ and delete the CFSW1 Over Flanders Fields folder.

Reboot.

1) Re-install OFF, do not patch at this time;

2) Run CFS3config.exe to do initial config and then exit CFS3config. Don't make any changes to the CFS3config file at this time;

3) Run OFF from CFS3.exe. in OFF root folder;

4) When OFF starts, you should shortly be presented with a Successful Config box to check off;

5) If OFF starts properly, enlist and activate a pilot and then go to Quick Combat and do a short Free Flight;

6) Exit OFF and close program;

7) Install both patches and run OFF.

If you don't encounter any problems, go back into CFS3config and make all the changes you want."

Thanks Wayfarer. It all rings bells and is making some kind of sense. Thanks again :drinks:

Hey, tranquillo old chap - good to see you rejoining service!

I hope Wayfarer could help - cause I definitely can't...

When you have enough practise, WOFF should be another huge step forwards -

aircraft models, FMs, AI behaviour and overall look!

The new shader is just a brilliant addition alone!

But before maybe he should also upgrade his rig. I still can remember running OFF3 wayback in 2009 on a AMD 6400+ dualcore/4Gb RAM/nVidia7300LE-0.5Gb  think WoFF needs lots more now-a-days. . 

Hey, tranquillo old chap - good to see you rejoining service!

I hope Wayfarer could help - cause I definitely can't...

When you have enough practise, WOFF should be another huge step forwards -

aircraft models, FMs, AI behaviour and overall look!

The new shader is just a brilliant addition alone!

Hi Detlev, how are you? It will be good to get back in the air again.

My rig is due for an upgrade but I'll wait 'till I can do Mother Board, CPU, and Ram all at once. Currently running a mb that only takes DDR2 memory and it works out expensive upgrading that.

Current setup is:

Asus M3A79-T Deluxe with Phenom II x2 550 at 3.2Gz

4 Gb Buffalo Firestix Ram

ATI Radeon R9 200x 2Gb GPU