Sign in to follow this  
brettt7777

Veltro2k's F-20 Tigersharks

I installed Veltro2k's repacked F-20 Tigersharks yesterday and I have some issues. First off, in the external view, only weapons and tanks are visible. No part of the aircraft shows up. The cockpit is visible but there is a huge issue with that. The cockpit doesn't line up with the pilots view. Let me see if I can explain... If I start on a runway that is pointed 030 degrees, my view, and the HUD, will be visible straight out in front of me looking down the runway. But the cockpit will be off to my left at 000 north. When I start down the runway, my view stays looking down the runway as it should; the cockpit is still pointed north off to my left. When I get airborne and start to turn, my view turns left or right as it should. But the cockpit stays pointed north. It never changes heading regardless of which direction the aircraft is moving. I can turn to 000 north and be somewhat lined up with the cockpit. But if I swing around 180 degrees, I'm moving that direction but looking out the tail of the plane, through the back of the pilots seat. I hope I'm explaining this so someone can understand it. But then of course the question is, why does this plane behave this way?

-Aircraft is not visible in external views. Only weapons and stores are visible.

-Cockpit does not line up with aircraft movement. Stays pointed north regardless of aircraft movement.

Other aircraft, even add-ons, work fine. It's only the F-20A and F-20B that have this issue. Is there some other aircraft or mod that I need to have to make this thing work? I was so exited to find an F-20 add-on for SF2. I just wish I could get it to work correctly.

Edited by brettt7777

You got this pack from the bellow link or might got only some older version skin pack from 2011?

http://combatace.com/topic/77759-f-20af-20b-tigershark-remod-pak/

By the way welcome to the club! :drunks:

Edit:

I just re-downloaded and installed the pack I linked above. It shows up perfect without issues. 

I advise you to check your F20/F20B AC folders. each should have 3 lod files in them. If those are not there you might got some old version or were placed on wrong place some way or an other.

post-30564-0-45173800-1423764754_thumb.jpg

post-30564-0-19894600-1423764756_thumb.jpg

Edited by logan4

indeed. when I uploaded the 'remod' pack, everything worked.

I thought it might have been a Windows 8.1 issue but I installed it on my desktop machine which is also 8.1 and it works fine. I guess I'll try reinstalling it on the laptop and see what happens.

One thing that bothers me about this plane and I have noticed this on other add-on planes, I set my controls up the way I want them and then when I go to fly the Tigershark, many of the controls are back to some sort of default setting. Why is this and what can I do about it?

One other thing, how is the flight model adjusted on SF2 aircraft? The install notes for the F-20 say it needs some FM adjustment. I'm pretty good at adjusting FM'S in a certain other very popular Sim so I thought I'd give it a shot, but not sure what file or files to look at.

The FM is adjusted in case of the F20 "via" the F20_data.ini. Most of the parameters are set there. Since you've done some before, most you will understand and know but I advise you to read through the SF1/SF2 knowlwdge bases and the SF1/SF2 mods & skinning discussions for FM related topics. Search function can come also handy sometimes. Many things in the SF1 section still apply to the SF2 version so might be resides in those pages.

You will have to adjust each part of the plane or the ones you think suitable (aircraft data, fuselage, wing, outerwing, tail, etc) so you get what you desire.

The modified flight control file should reside in your mod folder in my case it is h:\SF2_ACTest\Controls\Default.ini

One thing to know if you start up the game without any joysticks plugged in then the game exe will revert this file to the original state.

Once you set it up, it is wise to make a back-up copy of it, if gets rewritten then you just copy over the back-up file and should be good to go.

Not sure if you read it yet but a good starting read for anyone new to this series is 

http://combatace.com/topic/62302-what-is-the-mod-folder/

Gonna save you some head ache and frustration. 

I figured out how to adjust a few things and set up the default controls. A couple questions if I may. I do apologize but I am fairly new to SF2.

- Is there any way to make a mouse cursor visible in the cockpit view? i.e. Are some or all of the switches in the cockpit clickable?

- Is there a way to command one of my wingmen to attack my target? Sometimes it seems like they don't want to get involved in the fight. I just did a simple fighter sweep a while ago and I took out 5 guys with missles and cannon. Then I was out of weapons. There were still one of two targets left and the two of my three wingman that were left (one managed to get shot down) just followed me around and did nothing.

hit the Tab key while in flight, and it'll bring up the wingman command menu.

No apologies needed, nobody born with full knowledge of everything under the sun.

Strike Fighters games have no clickable cockpits. Tough some of the switches/levers can be made to move with either built in animations or with simple Cockpit.ini entries that correspond to different functions. All that is depend on how the cockpits were built.

Many 3rd party cockpits use several moving items, changing displays, etc, which helps immersion and done by great guys, some even brought out everything that is possible by the game engine. 

Okay, I reinstalled the F-20 on this laptop and got the same thing. The plane constantly points north, regardless of what direction it's moving, and only the weapons and stores are visible in an external view. Check out the screenshots...

Like I also said, I installed this same aircraft on my desktop machine and it works fine. The laptop has all the required upgrades of the game, etc.

post-87116-0-40580000-1424294332_thumb.jpg

post-87116-0-84764600-1424294336_thumb.jpg

Edited by brettt7777

Can you make a print screen of the F20 folder contents, preferably so the full folder path is also visible?

Also you put the aircraft into your mod folder or into the install folder?

The only time I had something similar if the lod file had a different name than in the AC.ini or was not in the aircraft's folder or if tried to use an SF2 aircraft lod in SF1 game.