Sign in to follow this  

Post patch :)

Hi, I d/l a couple of missions, a day and a night one but when I go to single player they are not there.

I have a folder named missions, and the 2 files have the TXT extension. I tried to rename one of them "day.mis" to see if it would work, but without luck. What I've done wrong?

Thank you in advance

sebastian pons

Pons,ok lets get ya going...

first lets clear the slate..empty your missions folder completely.Now go to the missions you downloaded and save them using a text editor I use Wordpad..save it using this and name it daymission,or nightmission,don't add anything to it..just the mission name.now cut and paste it to your missions folder.now start SF and select single mission...open the custom mission side and you should see it there.

No dice. :oops:

As you suggested I wiped the mission folder clean. I cut the mission I wanted (in this case the day one) and pasted it on wordpad and saved it giving it the name of daymission.

Wordpad gave it the extension DOC. I tried both with and without the DOC extension, but I still can't see the mission.

To be on the safe side I repeated the steps using Notepad with the same results. I know I did something wrong, but what?

Maybe if you could describe again step by step (like for a moron) I'll

spot where I went wrong?

Thank you

sebastian pons

when saying using notepad, put the file extension .msn on it, that makes the game recognize it as a "mission" file.

Cheers.

Thank you KFG_Keller. Stupid of me! MSN did the trick.

sebastian pons

Thank you KFG_Keller

, you know, I find those sims very similar. I'm still having

problems with SA (they are so fast!) and energy management, but in all I'm having a good time.

And now for the folder. It works but as soon as I click accept it hanks on me. Could it be that the missions I load can't work anymore because of

the patch? It did make many modifications.

Well, thank you again

sebastian pons

Hi KFG_Keller, I think it is because of the patch. Everything else works OK.

I'll wait and see if any of the missions developers have anything to say or advice.

In the meanwhile, I see from one of your posts that you have a low end system. How is the game playing in your machine?

I run WIN98se PII (AMD K6 3DNOW) 500MHz 128RAM

GeForce2 MX 100/200 32MB IE5.5 Trident Sound Card

And with everything at minimum, no mirrors, shadows etc.. it is a

little bit jumpy. Not a slide-show but not smooth either. I think there are many things modeled in the sim that aren't really necessary to play. One is the pilot's heads moving, and I think it is ALL pilots.

It is not a gripe, but I think if it could be eliminated it would sped the

simulation greatly. After all, do we care what the pilot's heads do?

I know that EAW runs very well in my computer, and I have graphics

at max..... Just a thought.

sebastian pons

There was a thread in simhq from one of the guys who figured out how to increase your Frames Per Second(FPS).

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bb...TML/003766.html

This should help, i have all my details set to high, except i have shadows off, mirrors are on.

I run a 1.1ghz AMD Athlon, 128mb, Windows ME, 16mb Nvidia TNT2 64M, and not sure if i even have a sound card :shock: Alot of the time, since i'm scripting missions, i'm running mIRC, MSN msger, Yahoo, oICQ, Norton ANtivirus and Norton Firewall while playing it, it really doesnt hurt the game on my machine, except if someone messages me. I'll upgrade my RAM soon, but its a mid range computer, was top of the line 2.5 yrs ago.

Yes, KFG_Keller, I was aware of that tweak but it didn't do anything

for me. I still thing there are many superflous things in the sim (that is for a slow computer, because with a "decent" one I'm sure that everything can enhance the inmersion) that can be turned off so people with lower end machines can enjoy it too.

Thank you for your help

sebastian pons