russouk2004

Jets sound good,props are better...dont believe me?

Goosebumps from the sounds of props...1943 Beech 18  Airshow craziness...awesome pilot and for so old an a\c ...amazing...

Top vid..

aslo...

Beech-18 flight with open window (Cockpit View)

Published on Apr 6, 2013

Also known as the C-45 "Bucket of Bolts." This flight was offered through the CAF (Commemorative Air Force) air show at KBUR. We departed from runway 15 and flew out to Santa Monica, up the Malibu coast, then back to BUR for a low pass fly-by. I am pleased to share my flight with a perspective from the co-pilot's seat.

• Like 3

Saweet Russouk! I know you had to have some fun, I had some fun just watching.

Reminds of a flight I took when I was 13. There is was (maybe still is) a program called Young Eagles. It got kids under 13 interested in aviation by brining them on board a plane and taking them a flight. So at the age of 13 I flew (with a pilot's assistance of course) my first plane. What a memory, what a feeling, and this video did a great job of bringing that memory back.

It was a Cessna 157 by the way. (Been up twice in a cessna, once in a helicopter, and once in a hot air ballon (even though it was teathered to the ground we went up and came down as we were above 100 ft I call that a flight :biggrin: )

Nice video though thank you for sharing. Listening to this can put a feller to sleep (like the C-130s that constantly fly over my house)

So was it a bumpy ride Russouk?

So was it a bumpy ride Russouk?

Ahhh its not m y recording....last time I flew in a mil a\c digi cams were not around lol...

Its one I came across after the display video...

The man doing the aerobatics in the beech 18 is Matt Younkin and I had the pleasure of watching his routine at an air show at Holloman AFB in New Mexico in 2008 or 2009 I can't remember which year,some of the things he does with that beech are amazing.IIRC the beech 18 he flys has a lot of modifications in the airframe and more powerful engines to do those aerobatics.

More like an F 18 than an - 18........  :biggrin: