Veltro2k

what ever happened to the Italy Terrain ?

I didn't know anyone was making one!

on the Tunisia terrain, the southern half is there (from Rome down)

isn't that the one Brain32 was working on like years ago? From Alps downwards including Balkans? Last time I've seen posts about it he said it was too complicated tileset wise, Brain32 said there was like 900 tiles to make it look right IF my memory serves me well

Stary is right, but not long ago Baltika started his own version and it looked pretty good, although he experienced the same problems with tiling (anyway both terrains were for Cold War, not WW2).  Probably we will never see one finished, it's a very complex area and making terrains is already very time consuming, but I also think it's a terrain SF2 cries for.

but it worked for Falcon 4.0 mod like Red Viper or Open Falcon, can't recollect, so if we settle on single existing tileset without the need to introduce tons of new tiles and terrain types, this is still doable I think?

On the other hand if terrain gurus liek Baltika and Brain32 had issues that made the mstop working on this area, I might be completely wrong here

• Like 1