Hi everyone, I'm having a bit of a problem with yakarov79's AH-1Q & liamp51's JetEngine Replacement .wav file.

The AH-1Q sound file sounds normal when played on Windows media player, and sounds normal in game when I'm playing with JetEngine.wav removed from sounds. But when I play with JetEngine.wav in sounds the AH-1Q sounds like a lawnmower.

Any Ideas? 

Thanks

Edited by roscosmos

I am having the exact same problem. No matter what sound I choose for a chopper its sounds like a lawn mower on speed. 

Glad i'm not the only one having this problem. do you have any idea what might be causing it? 

I spent an evening going through ini files but found nothing. 

I did find a forum post a few days ago, started by a user having similar problems, he discovered he had a corrupted jetengine.wav and replaced it and that fixed it for him. 

same with prop sounds, but ONLY in the SF2NA mods folder. All the other 4 work fine

same with prop sounds, but ONLY in the SF2NA mods folder. All the other 4 work fine

Just discovered that too. Any idea how to fix it?

not a clue. the only person we might be able to ask, is no longer around

oddly, in my ww2 mods folders - all built from the NA exe- the sounds are all working 'as advertised'

Wrench:

My guess would be that your WW2 mods folder uses a customized .INI in the \Objects or \Flight folder that replaces the default SF2NA .INI, which includes whatever line is causing this little anomaly.

Eric Howes

nope.

they's all the stock ones

the ****.ini in the core files install is only different by it's name (example: StrikeFighters2 WW2Pacific.ini). nothing's changed inside it, it's identical to it's "parent" ini, the sf2na one

Me too I got this problem: every time I install the "FA-18 Series Update by The Hornet Team 2.0" in a game (I tried in SF2 with Afghanistan and Libya terrain, in SF2-NA with Eastern Mediterranean terrain) the sounds go weird. The windloop.wav and the jetengine.wav sound like they were old LPs playing at 45 rpm... I noticed this happens ONLY when I install this pack.

what i do is changing back the jetengine.wav with the old one date 2002 and everything's back to normal..no wasp or strange sound 

JetEngine.wav

JetEngine2.wav

Edited by wiki

The answer is pretty simple. In the latest SF2 titles and patches, something went wrong and the only form an engine sound is played at normal speed is in PCM format 11,025 KHz, 8bit, Mono. But, if you enter a specific sound in the SOUNDLIST.INI there is no problem.

• Like 1