Sign in to follow this  
skyknight0721

Need help, mods of stock planes not appearing in flyable planes' list.

I really need help. I have updated my strike fighters 2 to July 2013 which is the latest patch, however now when I have extracted mods of planes which are normally AI planes in my mod folder (e.g mod for MiG-21 found here:http://combatace.com/files/file/9488-mig-21-complete-pack-sf2-18/) none of those MiGs are appearing in my aircraft selection list. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. Should I change the name of the mod ini or something? 

Those migs are flyable out of the pack...

check you havent double folder issue?

yes, but as it mentioned in the link provided above,

anytime you patch the games, or add a DLC (in itself a type of patch), ALL modified AI planes will revert to non-flyable again.

yes, but as it mentioned in the link provided above,

anytime you patch the games, or add a DLC (in itself a type of patch), ALL modified AI planes will revert to non-flyable again.

Yeah I understand but still after I re-extract the mod after the update, the planes do not appear. I think that each time when the game initializes, it is making the INI file of the migs to revert back to normal. Please is there any solution to this problem?  :bad:

right click the ini

properties --->>>

read only

apply

• Like 1

right click the ini

properties --->>>

read only

apply

It did the trick  :biggrin:  Thanks a lot Wrench. Now I can solve this problem with the MiG-23 pack too  :biggrin:

just be advised, if you try to add any new skins, they won't appear, as the ini is now locked. You'd have to add them by hand to the maini ini, or "un-read only it", and probably have to re-add the "make it flyable" lines again

• Like 1

just be advised, if you try to add any new skins, they won't appear, as the ini is now locked. You'd have to add them by hand to the maini ini, or "un-read only it", and probably have to re-add the "make it flyable" lines again

Thanks for this advice Wrench  :grin: