Sign in to follow this  
Dave

‘Star Trek’ Star Leonard Nimoy Dead at 83

It's only a matter of time before we lose another classic cast member, unfortunately. Kelley left us over 15 years ago, it's about 10 now for Doohan, and time marches on... :sad:

• Like 1

I took the opportunity last year to see William Shatner in person.  Not the warmest guy but hey they were ushering people around like cattle (Those ComicCon administrators need to figure out a better way to treat people).  Either way the guy's an icon and before he passes I can say I met Capt. Kirk... Sad to hear about Leonard Nimoy's ongoing health issues.

Edited by Dillon

having seen all the TOS cast members at various Cons of the years, of the Big Three, he was one of the good ones.

another goes to the Great Bird of the Galaxy...

RIP Mr. Nimoy

I've only ever heard good things about him as a person. Rest in peace, sir. 

I remember when I was 9, (1966), Star Trek was out and the whole family watched it. One Sunday we went to visit a friend of my Dad's from work. We watched Star Trek for the first time on a color tv. Two weeks later Dad had bought us our first color tv so we could watch Star Trek in color! My first plastic model was NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise, and it sat on top of the tv until our cat knocked it off. True storys.

Of all the characters in Star Trek and its remakes over the years, Leonard Nimoys' Spock was the most nuanced, deep, and well acted. Everyone, whether watching the show/movie wanted to know what Spock thought, how he was involved, what he was doing or going to do, etc. I dare say he embodied the very heart, and most importantly, the SPIRIT of Star Trek. I now feel another day older having lost another childhood icon.

He lived long and prospered...RIP Mr. Nimoy.

Edited by pcpilot
  • Like 2

he was pretty active in social events outside of film. A huge loss.

we was a good man

RIP

Truly a sad loss.

So many good, happy memories, thanks to Mr. Nimoy.

Farewell, Sir, you will be missed.

S!

Edited by Baltika

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one!. RIP

• Like 3

My fave in the series. Very inspiring to at least some young to see such honesty -- Spock-- in a dishonest world.

All of them were fantastic. Although my fave trekisode was Tholian Web where, for the only time I've read, the crew had to work the problem without Kirk anywhere around. They should have done more of those.

A very sad news, i loved TOS and the films..... thanks for your work Mr Nimroy

Another great man is taken from us. RIP.

Your shots speak more than words could convey at to what's left of the original cast.

Edited by Dillon