Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Pull Cockpit FOV Back Some

It might just be me but does this look like the pilot is sitting way too far forward? I cannot move back any farther using the mouse buttons. What do I edit to pull it back more?

img00027.jpg

go into the relevant cockpit ini file, look for the line beginning with "offset". These three number series are always  the same, the first number is the left and right, the second is the forward and back, and the last is up and down. To move your head "eyepoint" back you would adjust the middle number in that series, making it more negative, such as Offset=0.0,0.0,0.0 change as follows: Offset=0.0,-0.15,0.0. Being a pilot, one of my frustrations is the sims consistently give you the cockpit perspective of a six year old, with the panel looming large in front of you blocking most of your view forward. When I discovered this trick I was able to get a much more realistic view reflective of what I see in real life...

• Like 3

I think its more to do with your viewlist.ini if this with all your cockpits.

No stick it's just that one pit. Thanks bubu, I'll try that.

one more note -the overall FOV of viewlist by default is a bit much on the binoculars side, I wonder how the size and spped woulf feel if we'd make new viewlist with a bit wider FOV in general, both for default F1 view and external ones, something that has been on my mind for quite a while

It might just be me but does this look like the pilot is sitting way too far forward? I cannot move back any farther using the mouse buttons. What do I edit to pull it back more?

attachicon.gifimg00027.jpg

Dave, if it´s the Bronco you better give up. I tried by all means make the same, but the pilot seat is the obstacle. By the way, if you look some Bronco pics you´ll see that the FOV is correct. The cockpit is very sparse...

Just thought I'd throw this in. On some of the pits I've made, I've had to cheat on placement and size of the meshes sometimes to make things look correct because of the FOV limitations. Don't know if it's somethi that can be corrected with an ini edit.

Dave, if it´s the Bronco you better give up. I tried by all means make the same, but the pilot seat is the obstacle. By the way, if you look some Bronco pics you´ll see that the FOV is correct. The cockpit is very sparse...

Yes it is the bronco pit, so are you saying if you pull the view back too much you'll see the seat?

Yes it is the bronco pit, so are you saying if you pull the view back too much you'll see the seat?

Yes. As I said, no way. You can´t move the seat backwards too, once it belongs to another parts. :dance:  :sad:

you can hide the seat I think via good old INI movement trick, yes? I take the seat is the one modelled in cockpit as the external view usues different model defined elsewhere, so yeah all depends how the model is build ie. is the seat a tandalone mesh linked to other cockpit parts or is it say part of whole consoles + seat + sides + whatnot mesh  -LOD Viewer is the tool you'd use in such case

Dave check pm :)

That didn't do anything my friend but thank you. 

Dave could be your MaxFOV= mine is 90 for my 32"  screen if you using 3 monitors you should may be try 120.

modified view on A-4E adjusting offsets. I can see my wings!

post-17847-0-65175500-1425150071_thumb.jpg

Going back to test after work.