Sign in to follow this  
FANATIC MODDER

American North West Map conversion to SF2 Standards

Hello to everyone,

I was trying to convert the old, but nice American North West Map to SF2 standards, but the planes keep exploding on take-off.

Can you help me please?

E.g.  I am aware of this topic,

http://combatace.com/topic/54856-converting-sfwo-terrains-to-sf2-usage/

which helps in other issues, but not in this one.

Thanks to everybody.

Edited by FANATIC MODDER

did you extract all the desert airfield inis, and place them INTO the terrain folder???

and wasn't it already converted, and uploaded?

I have the idea that this map was never made available for SF2. But I 'll do as you say (soon...) and I 'll keep you informed.

well, as I already KNOW that's what the airfield issue is....and the conversion is less than 2 minutes (hence the tutorial I wrote way back when). Somewhere, I also made note that End Users ™ will have to add the aforementioned airfield inis ... just don't remember where I wrote it. Since even pointing to the /desert.cat won't exactly work; is one of the reasons for the last few years of always including the desert airfield inis in every terrain I do.

Thank you very Wrench. I managed to revive not  only American North West, but also the following

- Falkands 1982

- Canary Islands

- The Fighter Bowl

- Britain - cold war (but with wrong textures - I need to work more on this...)

unfortunately I failed with the Greece and Magadascar maps...possibly they have other issues too.

Madagascar is already been redone for SF2. One of Dave's (not so) secret projects. Be paitent (and yes, Lemurland is still there)

Oh, ok, I just redone Magadascar, never mind, I just re-created the old textures I am sure the new release will be much better than the old map.

I also managed to re-make the old Israel 2 and (finally) Greece map. Greece map has some issues with the a white line that passes through the sea (this map always had issues...) but israel 2 is flawless and light, loads very fast.

you talking about Anson's Greece map? That thing was crap. Not even worth downloading.

You might like better, the "Eastern Med" map (conversion of the ww2 North Africa) to modern times. Already sf2na compatable.

Isreal2 is being rebuilt right now too. 90% retiled to 'new tiles', and the targets are getting major fixes -- many things were definitely in the wrong places and/or incomplete. Check the main screenshot thread for teasers.

Thank you, indeed I discovered the "east med" map, which is much better. A modernized "israel 2" map, maybe is even better than the stock map, so it's worth the work for.