Sign in to follow this  
Dante-JT

MOVIES about this conflict

This one looks awesome, "Iluminados por el Fuego" (Enlightened by Fire), war drama, centered in argentinean side of infantry operations at Falklands/Malvinas between April and June 1982:

iluminadosfuego1.jpg

iluminadosfuego2.jpg

iluminadosfuego3.jpg

"Iluminados por el Fuego" will be released at Q3 2005, their website:

http://www.iluminadosporelfuego.com

The other movie about this war is "1982: Estuvímos ahi", was filmed in Argentina and is 60 minutes long, MiniDV format, they sold online (DVD or VHS) at their website at http://www.creavision.com.ar/malvinasesp.htm

estuvimosahi.jpg

fondo2.jpg

It has a chapter about a young argentine infantry soldier, and another chapter about the controversial mission of May 30 in which the target of the Super Etendards and Skyhawks was the carrier Invincible.

Edited by Dante-JT

Iluminados por el fuego won prices even when it was still unfinished. It's opening the 26th May in Buenos Aires and I bet it's going to be the best argentinian movie about the 1982 conflict so far. It's about the veterans and their struggle during and after the war. Did you know that more argentine vets died after the war by comitting suicide than during the war itself? Post traumatic stress, they say, and because there was not governmental help after the war. Very sad... Remember that they were mostly 18 year old kids, all conscripts with little training.

1982: Estuvimos Ahí... i have the DVD and I even talked to the director many times via email. He is not even a movie director! He's a 3D modeler! lol. Anyway, he got some help from the armed forces and managed to come up with a decent short movie... Very fictional story, by the way: you see a Super Etendard attacking a ground unit while on the way back from the Invincible mission. Nice 3D models in the movie! hehe. You should recruit this guy.

Edited by Mothman

Iluminados por el fuego won prices even when it was still unfinished. It's opening the 26th May in Buenos Aires and I bet it's going to be the best argentinian movie about the 1982 conflict so far.

Yes, its worth to check the teaser and the backstages making of videos in their site, extremely good production quality, it was filmed at the islands really isn't ? It's worth the teaser and backstages video for me to see a split second of a Sea Harrier doing ground attack, very well done special effects, I've even captured a screenshot from the trailer showing it :) I wish they do a follow up movie with this quality about the Fuerza Aerea!

Any hope of this movie getting an international release so I can watch it in Brazil any soon?

1982: Estuvimos Ahí... i have the DVD and I even talked to the director many times via email. He is not even a movie director! He's a 3D modeler! lol. Anyway, he got some help from the armed forces and managed to come up with a decent short movie... Very fictional story, by the way: you see a Super Etendard attacking a ground unit while on the way back from the Invincible mission. Nice 3D models in the movie! hehe. You should recruit this guy.

I will buy the DVD, I've emailed the author and he said the DVD price (35 pesos) but forgot to tell his mailing address or bank account for me :) Anyway, it's very nice, considering the effort, team size (really small it seems) and budget (nearly zero it seems). That Invincible carrier model in the trailer looks strange - our warships modeller Ariel Cancio said.. but we appreciate the effort and I think he deserves a JT demo when we have some missions set up (if he enjoys flight sims :))

With mi brother (skyhawk-arg in te forum) I made a video with malvinas images. we hope you like it.

It isn't a movie but..

http://rapidshare.de/files/1541126/Malvinas.zip.html

For download it you have to click in "free" button and the in the new page you have to wait a few seconds for the download word in the bottom of the page.

The movie is not an agression to anyone.

Edited by FIghtinghawk

I know there is another film about it, I'll pop down to the video store and find out what it is.

Seems like a pretty nice film, and those special effects look pretty realistic for a third world country like mine. By the way, wich ground battle does it feature?

Edited by Argentine Pucara

Seems like a pretty nice film, and those special effects look pretty realistic for a third world country like mine. By the way, wich ground battle does it feature?

If I remember well, it depicts the battle for Goose Green and/or Darwin (i'm not really sure). Anyway, as far as I know it's intended not to be war movie, american style, but rather a portrait of the psychological stresses the soldiers had to suffer in battle and after the war once society forgot about them.

Argentinian movie makers are very good, imho. The only problems are always budgetary. What they achieve with limited resources is commendable.

The guy who filmed "1982: Estuvimos ahí" had a 500 USD budget! Of course, "Iluminados por el fuego" had probably a 6 figures budget I presume. I don't know, but that's what I could guess. You cannot compare one with the other. One is a big production, the other one is an example of argentinian creativity.

The opening of the movie "Iluminados por el Fuego" has been delayed until september. I can't wait to watch it and listen to it in Dolby 5.1. :)

Hello All,

I can recommend "An Ungentlemanly Act", which is widely available on DVD (Ebay, Amazon etc), which is a very moving and darkly amusing drama based on the days leading up to to Argentinian landings. It's very detailed (check out the director's commentary and be amazed!) and is filmed on location, sometimes EXACTLY so!!!

It was made in 1989 or thereabouts and is an English film. It's very good.