Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

PAK TA ?

Looks sweet, but I have 2 issues with this. 1. That wing clearance is LOW for a transport. I doubt my wife could drive her hatchback under that wing without hitting it hard, and it's tiny! And 2. If this aircraft is meant to be stealthy, those three very large intakes with fan blades situated so far forward, even if they're RAM-coated, are going to do away with any notion of it being stealthy. But this does look cool! Very Ace Combat III!

I was wondering about the EM signature of those electric motors, it would have to big for any useful thrust. Just a thought.

• Like 1

a stealth transport?

why?

Look at those giant intakes. That ain't stealthy from the front. Though, I get the concept of a 'stealth transport' for the same reason I get a stealth bomber. I just don't think it's either feasible nor practical right now.

Look at those giant intakes. That ain't stealthy from the front. Though, I get the concept of a 'stealth transport' for the same reason I get a stealth bomber. I just don't think it's either feasible nor practical right now.

it is certainly feasible, just not affordable. 

there are a few specialized missions where a stealth transport would be useful.  Like going into someone's air defense network and bagging a terrorist leader........

but 99% of air transport is hauling stuff and personnel from one safe location to another safe location.  The cost of stealth just isn't worth it for that.

I don't know if stealth is necessarily the point here....

Streamlined flying wing design and Electric engines.....I think they are going in the high efficiency direction.

Something like this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_X-48

I can't rely see something like this, in this scale being worth the cost.  Twice as big....maybe.

That's a shit load of composites though.

Cool that it reminds me of something out of AceCombat.....

Edited by smokey799

Some very good points made on here - will look forward to seeing it in Ace Combat 14

• Like 1